Shiny brand new second hand things in my system today

Yes, it’d be interesting to compare the tackiness quotient of both.

I realise it’s not a new idea, I had something similar maybe 15 years ago or more but I don’t recall it being this good.

Just fitted a secondhand VMS30Eii cartridge in the Aiwa AP2600 (no fancy decks here…). Sounds decent.

1 Like

The Nakamichi 630 arrived today. I’m very pleased with it. Thanks Bob :thumbsup:

10 Likes

Glad you are happy with it.

Great little product, bought one at Scalford a couple of years ago.

Still just rake my finger across the diamond, more often than not though :blush:

2 Likes

Karan KA L Reference 2 box pre/power supply. Comes with the optional phono-stage option too. Sounds quite sublime for a SS pre.

7 Likes

I wondered who’d bought that.

I clocked it for sale also, if it’s the same one. Looks great Nick!

Well I did say I had my eye on it to you :wink: It’s a totally relaxing listen, very smooth and dynamic. Just lacks the air of a valve pre but it sounds ultra controlled especially with the lower frequencies and the phonostage really makes it a great package. Would be interesting to hear it with your Vitus doing the power amp duties.

Have you still got the Levinson Stuart?

Could you be moving the Rhea on then?

No :scream:

1 Like

I do. Do you want a listen with the Karan in your system?

And would love to hear a Vitus, never heard one before.

Not unless you have bought a fork lift :neutral_face:

Good point :grinning: if you keep the Karan long enough, i should have a new pair of speakers, and could bring the pre over here…

1 Like

https://www.audio-markt.de/_markt/item.php?id=1975639720&
I have never seen this before. Must be NOS.

He also told me that he had cleverly (in his mind) engineered it to run out of ‘sticky’ after a period of time so that customers has to purchase again.
Business sense bravo momento…

Yes, it’ll be interesting to see how long it lasts. He did say that to me as well. But it’s certainly impressive at the moment.

Is it “washable” like the Onzow?