Shiny brand new second hand things in my system today

Needs some of these

2 Likes

Bling!

Wow, would they fit my AN gear?

1 Like

Interesting, I’ve not seen those before. I’m a bit dubious regarding the LF response they claim but I would like to hear them.

In No Way Shiny, new to me

1 Like

Williamson ?

VB

Skip fodder

Yes, avec whopping Partridge iron

Are they 66 or 88’s?

Since it’s a Williamson they’ll be 66’s.

EDIT If it’s the early version the rectifier will be directly heated (U52), otherwise (as with most of the commercial ones) it’ll be indirect (53KU). The small signal valves will be individual triodes (L63 or 6J5).

VB

Its got a Cossor 53KU on duty. Whilst it would take more than Trumps campaign manager for it to swing a beauty comp win, the Partridge Transformers and tube compliment are quality - At least late 50’s quality
The amp was built into the bass of a 5 foot speaker offering perfect tinder for a quaint yet furious farmhouse blaze

If the resistors are carbon comps then it might well be worth taking a multimeter to them. They can drift a very long way :-(. Capacitors, of course, are always a worry.

VB

I think it looks cool, I’d remove the base/pedestal piece but it’s got a nice art deco look to it.

If it hasn’t been run for a while then there is a risk of gas in the KT66s. The grey glass ones, which are older, do seem to survive disuse better than the late production ones. But all the same it would be a shame to see something more important damaged by thermal runaway. Sorry if I’m sounding like chicken licken but those are rather special transformers.

VB

Switch it on. Health and safety be damned. What’s the worst that can happen?

Whack it with a broom

Forum Strap-line winner

1 Like

What is the speaker unit?
Goodmans?

Axiom 22

Another interesting piece of kit.
https://www.audio-markt.de/_markt/item.php?id=0553575843&