Shiny brand new second hand things in my system today

The VR-4 has cloth around the speakers, you can’t take anyrhing away there.
The VR-4 SR MkII has covers that I leave on for SWMBO.
Nobody I know will ever manage to get this into the household, so it’s a small favour.
The kids never ever touched my gear, I guess I’m lucky educating them.

I will try in time to play without covers, yet have to get acquainted to them atm and enjoy tremendously already as they are.

My new (patent pending)antiskate device.
Mainly cotton,a base from a dust bug,o ring and a bit of metal with attched blu tak for the weight.

5 Likes

See bass tonight?

1 Like

This is my “hi fi” at the moment

An ancient Sonos box I found in the garage, hidden behind the soundbar.
Take that, valvey wankers :sunglasses:

5 Likes

That looks very adequate.

Errrrr … no thanks. It looks ‘fine’ where it is :wink:.

VB

2 Likes

I’ll take it down to the recycling centre where it’ll feel right at home amongst the dead Dysons & foot spas. :thumbsup:

1 Like

But, but, it’s the future! At least it was about 10 years ago.

:laughing:

Hark at you and your solid state radiator😀

1 Like

Are those Sonos things good? My Squeezebox Touch has bitten the dust…

So long as you don’t want to play anything over red book CD quality (i.e. they don’t do “HD” sampling rates or bit depths) they’re the best thing on the market.

The box pictured above is a combined player and amp, but as a direct replacement for the SBT you’ll be wanting the Connect

http://www.sonos.com/en-gb/shop/connect.html

this is basically network guff plus a DAC and you’d plug it straight into your amp with phono cables. If you want to use an offboard DAC instead it’ll handle that fine.

Oh, and you’ll need an android or iDevice phone or tablet to control it. There’s a PC & Mac desktop controller app, but it’s a bit shit.

I’ve been using Sonos kit for a bit over 10 years now - it’s extremely reliable and the interface has been very well thought through.

Very poor on the fiddle & tweak factor - there’s not much to play with or alter, but if you just want to play music …

Keep it quiet Bob, but I actually have 3 valves in my system - one in each of the plasma tweeters and one in the phono that Pete built :+1:

1 Like

Thanks - I’ll check it out.

Simple is good.

1 Like

Very vanilla for you lot, but the TT was second hand (still not cheap), as were the x300 signatures.

Sounds fantastic with my PMCs ( and Grado GS1000e)

The stand was custom to add the solid top.

2 Likes

Is that your new amp, or some sort of radiator? :thinking:

It’s radiating nicely in a Class A kinda way yes!

1 Like

Hopefully I will collect this next week.

11 Likes

Lovely!