Shiny brand new second hand things in my system today

Some old friends have returned with another Salisbury vintage amp.

1 Like

A bit late to the parade, but this is the DAC I am about to order online, as I think a decent spec’d DDDAC is going to be closer to £2k when built. Can I ask what the final price is that others have paid following VAT/Duty etc? Looking for a big upgrade from my current Quad CDP2, long shot but has anyone compared?!

Sure it will blow the Quad’s socks off, just trying to justify the spends…

Building my new system this is the piece I don’t have to hang around for, going to be patient and hold out for the right S/H amp.

3 Likes

Did you get up to London for that Lenco? What’s this under the Mayware?

Ah, a Micro & a Decca. that’ll sound somewhat different!

No got blown out on the Lenco

Was sitting at home with bad back this afternoon and saw this,thought the arm/cart would make an interesting combo

Is it a London export cart?

The chap was an ex pro player for the mighty aldershot and brentford

How does it sound?

Not home yet

It looks like one. Huge 7.5mv output. I had one before my Super Gold. Nice cart in the right arm. Suits the Mayware, mine was in the Mk4. The Super Gold is in it now.

There’s a really long thread on Deccas on Lenco Heaven if you have a few days spare.

1 Like

I never got to try a Decca on a unipivot arm. I think that Mayware is similar to the old Decca arm as well, looks it.

I’ve got an old Keith Monks unipivot I keep meaning to rewire, that would be interesting with a Decca.

Thanks don’t have a clue if the cart works or not,think the bloke must of got it from a car boot or similar.

Wanted to try a Decca for sometime,so hope there is some life in it

Similar ish. I had a Hadcock in the 70s with a Fidelity Research MC, worked well together on a 401. Sold the lot and bought an LP12 coz I is a twat sometimes.

Has it still got the mecury contacts?

Was surprised to see the arm/cart combo put on what I thought was one of micro seikis budget jobs

Never seen the deck before, any idea of age?

I’d guess mid to late 70s

It’s got the contacts but no mercury, was going to drill the armtube, rewire bypassing the contacts and then fill the mercury wells with some thick silicon for damping.

That’s the way usual way forward :thumbsup:

I’m sure you know that John Wright is the guy for Decca rebuilds, servicing, retips etc.

1 Like

Yes seen his name come up re deccas