I won’t bore everyone with the whys and wherefores, but I want a solid state integrated, definitely with a decent on-board DAC that includes sensible USB inputs, potentially that can handle the HDMI ARC from a television.
Integration with online services like Spotify or Tidal would be nice, but realistically most things will probably be coming through Sonos because of its user interface.
Budget is probably around the £2k mark.
So far my shopping list with random whims goes as far as
- Linn Majik DSM 3 - does HDMI, err, it’s Linn
- Naim Uniti Atom - HDMI is an option, Naim were rude to me at Munich
- Hegel Rost - no HDMI, everyone likes it
- Hegel H90 - cheaper, less powerful version of the Rost, liked this a lot at Munich
- Moon Neo ACE - liked this a lot at a show last year, Tidal but no Spotify, Moon prices
- NAD M32 - HDMI is an option, not a looker
Any other suggestions or opinions (that don’t involve vinyl, valves or horns) please?