The shit that doesn't merit its own thread (the resurrection)

Don’t talk to me about those cunts…:face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

I’m in 2 minds about it all, it’s cost me more or less nothing as the car’s problems are Mazda UK’s responsibility not mine, their service has been impressive under the circumstances. It’s a shame the car’s engine is pure shit.

It’s never ending with Mazda’s, dump the POS while you’ve got the chance and just a half empty wallet

I’m on autotrader looking at cars now…

This is nice.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201711101127488?price-from=500&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly%20New&onesearchad=New&advertising-location=at_cars&price-to=1000&postcode=wr141ug&make=VOLVO&colour=Beige&sort=sponsored&radius=1500&page=1

4 Likes

This is also why I’m not going to bother starting any car threads on this forum.

2 Likes

Guaranteed more reliable than a Mazda.

I’m still waiting for emergency bacon, with guaranteed delivery within half an hour, 24/7.

1 Like

We had some big problems with a Mazda5, basically the ecu was fucked and as a result the DPF got trashed.

Mazda at first were quite helpful and were going to replace everything and we’d just pay for the labour for the replacement (not the months of investigation and reboots and reflashing the dealership had done) until they found out a loophole…

We bought the car from Arnold Clark, and when we went in to our local branch looking for a medium sized MPV, so Mazda5 S-Max type thing, they didn’t have one but they did have one in group stock. So they had it brought over, and we liked it and bought it.

Now here comes the weaselling. The car was originally at their Liverpool branch, which is a Mazda dealership, but our local branch is a Renault franchise…

All the work was done at the Liverpool branch, but when it was finally (after months and months of back and forth to the garage) all sorted, Mazda sussed out that the final sale wasn’t completed through a Mazda dealer, and basically said, fuck you, you’re on your own…

Arnold Clark were really embarrassed about the whole debacle and took pity on us. They wrote off all the costs of the fault finding, the reflashing and the new ECU and only charged us trade for the DPF.

I will never ever buy another Mazda. Cunts.

Never buy a Japanese diesel

Never buy any newish car without a warranty.

Unless it’s a Volvo

6 Likes

Shetland spaceport?

Have to agree - was glad to see the back of my erstwhile Honda Accord estate and its catalogue of known engine design faults, including one that allowed exhaust gases into the cabin at all times unless the HVAC was completely off - potentially life threatening, but not something Honda UK were willing to put right except at my cost. Sold at a huge loss and replaced with a Volvo, natch, albeit an unfashionable blue one…

French Racing Blue.

We had a warranty. Like most warranties DPF was specifically excluded, despite the fact the crappy ecu had fucked it up.

Oh well, lesson learned. My BMW doesn’t have a DPF, and when Claires S-Max’s DPF goes, it’ll get a quick clean out treatment and then the car will be chopped in sharpish.

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
I love this SOOOO much I almost wish I had children.

5 Likes

Get on with it and create some then.

I’d say that it’s not hard, but maybe that’s the problem :kissing_heart::joy:

5 Likes

I’m getting the kids this for Christmas :smile:

Oh and thank you by the way :+1:

1 Like