The shit that doesn't merit its own thread (the resurrection)

Just caught up with this ‘Wolf Carrol’ or WC , obviously named after daddy.

More ‘Fake News’

6 Likes
1 Like

Eeeee, they don’t make them how they used to!

Blimey, they were doing alright for themselves as a young couple. £60 for a washing machine, with inflation that must over a grand in today’s money.

I bet tumble dryers were super rare in those days.

£1047 according to Inflation Calculator UK historic change in value of sterling

There were 240p the £ back then, not that it matters in the inflation calculations, but there is a bloke I work with who insists he was robbed of half his wealth when decimalisation ocurred. He is a giant tool.

1 Like

Dafuq?!

2 Likes

you should meet some of the computer scientists who have been hiding in darkened offices tapping away for 30+ years

Was shit at maths as well then…

of course! :roll_eyes: - although I am not quite old enough to have been worrying about that…

He is a ‘Management Scientist’ :roll_eyes: shudder.

WTF is that?

“Management science (MS), is the broad interdisciplinary study of problem solving and decision”

Simples…

1 Like

I’m not really sure. Some of them appear to be loosely trained philosophers. Luckily, I no longer really talk to many of them. The decimalisation guy is a Brexiteer with a personality that reminds me in many ways of Captain Mainwaring, none of them are amusing sadly.

4 Likes

Yep, nice summary.

Cockpunch.

No ifs, no buts … accept it and move on. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I know that feeling. If it helps at all, the rattle in my VW is fixed, found a loose bit of trim, banged it back in and it’s golden again. Am quite impressed with the pisshat all in all. 50+ mpg. Smooth comfy ride. Nice enough handling to enjoy the odd corner, and more leg room than a brown Volvo!

3 Likes