The shit that doesn't merit its own thread (the resurrection)

Absolutely

Cheers. She has been saying for some months that itā€™s time for her to go; this seems to have provided her with the catalyst. I donā€™t think sheā€™s sad about it, but Iā€™m somewhat concerned of the impact on her daughters, who may feel guilty that they couldnā€™t do more.

4 Likes

The light is really going to hurt the governments eyes when they remove their heads from up their collective arse. Trumpesque denials wonā€™t convince forever.

And it will only get worseā€¦

ā€œThe Royal College of Nursing blamed the 23% drop in nursing applications on the removal of bursariesā€

Just landed an obscenely overpaid 12 month rolling contract. New amp ahoy.

24 Likes

Whatā€™s on the shortlist ?

United utilities just raised the water bill by 19 percent, fuckers.

1 Like

How many deeply held principles have you had to ignore in deciding to take this job? :slightly_smiling_face:

Iā€™m sure Thames will be next to increase the cost of the recycled piss that we get :+1:

At least you get proper mountain water where you areā€¦

I believe itā€™s already been drunk seven times by the time it gets to you (itā€™s only been drunk three times as it oozes past here).

VB

Once the dust has settled Iā€™ll probably start a ā€œLook at meeeeee!ā€ thread to look at options, but I like the Gato 250 thatā€™s on the bay at the moment.

So anything in that category (under Ā£2k, ss integrated, preferably with a good DAC) would be a contender.

1 Like

Suspiciously few / none, the day-rate contract way of working was my preferred option.

I turned the job down as a permanent role, but let it be known (repeatedly) that a contract would be a very different proposition.

I think this message eventually filtered back to the employer and they immediately offered it again at the top end of any rate I would have been looking for.

For several reasons I happen to be in the right place at the right time. I may be telling a different take in 6 months time, but at the moment it looks like a win for both parties involved.

how to shit in space

Do astronauts crap less in space because of the food they eat?

I read somewhere that for the Apollo missions, the meals were designed to be ā€˜low residueā€™. Dunno if thatā€™s still the case.

Mine, on the other hand, are always ā€œhigh residueā€ :laughing:

1 Like

4 Likes

Looks like a cement mixing bucket sitting on a lot of old cement - am I missing something here :thinking:

Ask a plumberā€¦

1 Like

ā€œThe Space Shuttle had a toilet, for example, but it required intense training with a below-the-seat video camera to master and avoid making a mess.ā€

Jesus fucking christ