Today I have mainly been V2.0

Top tip - use a paintbrush. You’ll get more coverage than using a caterpillar

11 Likes

About 3.5 hours roughly.

1 Like

Just around the corner then.

Very nice! You can have lots of fun steaming some of that wallpaper off the walls.

Cinnabar moth caterpillar - feeds on ragwort. :bug:

2 Likes

But I have 18,000 of them working hard

3 Likes

Result don’t want the bugger eating my £3.50 meal deal

Not far to move the furniture. Or dogs :+1:

Pissing about with cable isolation. This issue has been a pain in my ass for a number of years, finally got something made up - I dream of springs and snort cadmium by day - I need a nap

7 Likes

Can you confirm whether this system will work with gas pipes.?

I imagine you’ll be spraying it with some sort of visco-elastic coating to damp down the spring’s ‘twang’. After all, you wouldn’t want any cable microphonics to be driven :-).

VB

1 Like

The thing is the motor is suspended and the cable running to the switch block from the lawn mower sized motor does get rather lively, I’ve been pondering foam inside the spring or rubber damper on the outside. My life is a bowl of cherries.

Maybe foam like the lp12/thorens suspension springs

beat me to it!

1 Like

suspend them from knotted cherry stalks and use cherry stone bearings

You’re hired!

1 Like

If it were me I’d stretch the spring out a bit then spray it with this stuff

http://cpc.farnell.com/ambersil/6130004030/conformal-coating-acrylic-400ml/dp/SA02317

only because I know it stays semi-flexible and because I already have some in the cupboard. It might take a few coats. For God’s sake keep Stronzetto away from it though. The solvent is strong stuff and in this hot weather …

VB

1 Like

actually balls of cat shit has a compliant rubber like feel…

Sadly there are so many Audiophools avec cats your suggestion has probably already been attempted. I have had suspicions about black Ravioli for some time.

2 Likes