Today I have mainly been V2.0

We have a walled garden and it traps the sun, which has been just about uninterrupted here for more than a month. I have had to water them too (with a hosepipe pumped from the well in the kitchen, so no risk of a ban). I normally start picking in July and once I’ve taken 20lbs I quit. That’s as much as we can eat in a year and Mrs VB disapproves of the freezer being filled with them. So the birds get the rest, which they process and then return to us, depressingly often onto the laundry :rage:.

Here’s a very small sample of what’s left after today’s picking. In a few days the ones that are black now will be bigger and sweeter but not so squidgy that they split apart during the picking and/or washing.

VB

6 Likes

Blackberry and apple tart is a triumph.

1 Like

Indeed it is, as is the crumble in the wintertime (with custard of course).

VB

5 Likes

On the receiving end of a ridiculous quotation for a kitchen and laundry installation that quite unmanned me and traumatized the domestic antipodean. We have yet to hear what new heating and hot water services and 3 new bathrooms and a downstairs loo will cost too…

:cold_sweat::cold_sweat:

sounds like it might have better to move house?

1 Like

Would you like an unexpected slap during your visit to Liverpool?

:rage:

1 Like

It’s Liverpool. A slap could come from anywhere :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

It is your week off then is it? Marvelous…:smirk:

1 Like

No. Just one day. Just. A. Day :unamused:

I’m off tomorrow myself. Looking forward to it in a not-working-at-all and absolutely cuntishly lazy way. I may go into the office before the week is out, or may not…

1 Like

Slap
Verb.

1. Used to describe giving or taking something.
  2. To slap it somewhere - Meaning to go somewhere
  3. Slap something up - To create
  4. “Aye dude will you slap me a piece of gum?”
  5. “You guys tryna slap it to McDonalds?”
  6. “Im finna slap me up a nice fat sandwich!”

Not unexpected now though is it

Have you seen what he thinks a slap is? :roll_eyes:

had enough trouble today. The boss demitted his role as Dean today, leaving me in charge until Xmas………

oh and no extra corn for the moment ….

Fair enough. You could end up in MacDonalds…

We have a thorn-less variety that spreads about 20 feet each way. It’s well in flower at the moment so we are expecting a good crop. Janbald has already converted black currents into 5 lb of jam. We leave the rest for the birds.

1 Like

blackcurrants

3 Likes

Brambles.

1 Like

Yum.

Paying my income tax bill :cry:

1 Like