Today I have mainly been

finishing off the garden table - I was given a solid teak coffee table top by my parents. It was made for them in 1960 to go in front of a 4 seat sofa, so it was long and narrow. So I have been cutting it up and reconstructing it with biscuit joints to make it into a more useful shape for a table.

Listening to Louise moaning and groaning with a monumental hangover.

Trying to work out where we have space for me to put my bench mounted drill press

Removing a boiler that I fitted a month ago for a a builder.

Cunt didn’t pay as agreed two weeks ago and the old classic cash flow from customer bullshit excuse was deployed.

Found out this morning that the cunt is away on a golfing holiday. I have the keys for the job. Boiler now in my garage.

Looking forward to Monday. If the fucker doesn’t respond… the cylinder is next.

Fucking construction does my head in sometimes.

15 Likes

Like your style :+1:

1 Like

On a bike ride in the Peak. I need to get fitter…

1 Like

Pruned three plum trees, coppiced a Hazel and cut the lot up for firewood and kindling. Knackered.

Today I have realised that I could probably do with some reading glasses, at the very least an eye test.
My left eye isn’t as sharp as it was… :frowning:

Played golf in the best conditions we have had this year, tee shirt weather, 42 points with 3 blobs, loved it :grin:

3 Likes

A[quote=“Kevin, post:8019, topic:1371”]
42 points with 3 blobs
[/quote]

Obviously some anal golfist term

Stableford

Snuffled out a first press i have been after for fecking years, happy bunny this evening.

just about to start some PADRs, will soon be a miserable bunny once more. Whoever invented the concept of PADRs can have a fecking cockpunch to boot.

Went for a family walkies around Swanwick yesterday in the SUN(!) then had chips and watched Oliver!

Today involves the ‘recycling centre’ and getting rid of lots of crap…

Arcade Fantasies

just love dawlish , they have a live webcam of the beach if you are feeling homesick for some sea views and the trains

https://www.dawlishbeach.com/cameras/free-cameras/the-blenheim-cam/

At Hampden enjoying Celtic gubbing Rangers 4 - 0

4 Likes

It was lovely, I don’t very often like visiting the same place twice (local pub exempt) as I like to visit new places but Dawlish and surrounding towns were very pleasant.

Upcycling - a knackered table becomes a clock

2 Likes

Trying to keep going after taking daughter and bf to Stansted in early hours.

Gave listening room a long overdue clean.

1 Like

Up to Bideford to collect a ceramic hob from a gumtree seller!
nice little fruit shop in the town centre.

Bideford arts centre had an exhibition of pictures by the American photographer Diane Arbus who, back in the 60’s, took pictures of people on the margins of society. Some of these were tremendous.

http://www.visual-arts-cork.com/photography/diane-arbus.htm

And then paid a visit to @stu regular spot to take a look at the old house.

We did have a look at Westward Ho! but it seems to be in the hands of developers who are running amok there & swiftly removing any charm the place might once have had.

We crossed the River Taw to the lovely village of Instow & had a very fine crab & ginger quiche in John’s cafe/deli on the waterfront there.

View across from Instow towards Appledore.

4 Likes

Yes,did notice the scafolding up on the road to the old house,not sure if that will be part of Braddicks holiday camp,or separate properties.That bit of land has been derelict for quite a while.Also saw what looks like a load more flats/holiday apartments going up behind a load of others near the sea front.

yum!

2 Likes