Today I have mainly been

Much of the day spent making, packing and posting stuff, but a chunk spent putting the hifi back together after Jim’s - just glad that what I’m hearing didn’t actually make me fucking cry after what I heard of Jim’s system…

Also downloaded the manual for our CH boiler and figured out how to repressurise it after bleeding the top floor rads had dropped it below minimum. Not so challenging in practice, but jolly gratifying to deprive some bucket-befouling pipemonkey of a downpayment on his new helicopter…

6 Likes

That made I larf, that did :+1::grin:

2 Likes

Twit.

4 Likes

flounce

1 Like

Hahahahaha.

1 Like

:smiley:

2 Likes

Your system sounded fucking excellent when I visited a couple of months back Paul :+1:

1 Like

Pissing about with the world’s heaviest radiators.

These things are heavy. I mean extremely fucking heavy. Made of depleted uranium heavy. Insanely heavy.

Old style column variety…27 of the bastids. We have to screw several sections together to make up the full length on some. This is the worst job, incidentally for the nicest people, that I have ever been involved in.

One rad took 4 men to move. Utter hell. I’ll take some pics tomorrow to ensure I have bored you all fully.

8 Likes

In an artist’s life, death is perhaps not the most difficult thing.

• Vincent Van Gogh

Reclaimed cast iron?

Had the chance to get some when the old Spirit Building (so aptly named in so many ways!) was being demolished at the Natural History Museum some years back.

Having sweated blood disconnecting one and lugging it downstairs, I discovered the hard way that I was by no means man enough to lug it into the back of a Transit…

Could have cried TBH as the building and all within was demolished the next day… :sob:

2 Likes

Yep. It’s a beautiful old listed rectory type building.

Don’t think they are reclaimed tho, as the company supplying them supply English Heritage. They must have the individual sections cast and then just make them up as per the customers requirements.

Second day on the job and all we have managed to do is drain the ridiculously large system ( 2 * 50kw oil boilers and low loss header), piss off the plasterers (as they have been instructed to lend a hand) and move about half the rads to close to where they are going.

I’m boring myself now, but it is helping to talk about it.

If I’m brutally honest, I’m shitting myself.

1 Like

Bringing an extra bucket to work tomorrow might be a good move.

4 Likes

Pourquoi ?

Only got a week to do it. All the pipework needs modifying to fit new rads.

Fuck knows if it will fill and will take for-fucking-ever to balance. I could go on…

Are you the guv’nor ?

If not, just paint it pink and call it SEP :grinning:

I bled one of our radiators today - doesn’t seem to hard :kissing_heart:

4 Likes

Twit. :slight_smile:

I fitted two monsters in my living room 1/2 ton each…nearly killed us getting them in.

As I am more boring my pics are available now…:wink:

12 Likes

Nice room