Today I have mainly been

Nope. Not even close.

Surely being a dentist in Hobart or gene therapist in Launceston is far harder than selling the odd weekend in Adelaide? I used to like going to SA for the Australia Day test before the fuckers moved itā€¦:face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

1 Like

It was Australia Day ODIs when I were a lad.

Hmmm, I went to tests in Adelaide in 1995 and 1996 over the Oz day weekend, and again in 2008 as it was India and I wanted to see Tendulkar one last time and the tickets were freebies. However, it seems that they move the test around all the time, which I didnā€™t recall. Looks like Melbourne and Sydney are the only fixtures rigidly set in stone by the calendar these days

After paying you the equivalent of the national debt of a medium-sized African state every week Jim, Iā€™m surprised they donā€™t give you a pop-up tent from Argos and a can of Tizerā€¦

1 Like

Ozzy Day weekend was always;
Saturday: Aus v Visitor 1
Sunday: Visitor 1 v Visitor 2
Monday: Aus v Visitor 2.

They were a huuuuuge event. It lasted from 1980ish to 1991 (I think).

Christ, that would have been tough on the old liver. Three days on the Southwark bitter in the January heat. The stench must have been unbearable by day 3.

1 Like

I was a member of SACA so nothing quite as crass as Southwark passed across the bar. We would drink Crown :+1:

1 Like

Carling? Dear me! Didnā€™t they have something with a bit more flavour - tap water, for example? :wink:

3 Likes

Bags and bags of washing. Whilst looking after both kids due to the general strike thatā€™s on in arrange today

Getting ancient light fittings replaced.

The fluorescent unit in the garage appears to have been made by Vickers Tank, and probably has significant scrap value.

Sparks is an ex - hedgie - replaced by algo trading.

Funny old world.

Losing a ceramic crown. Just waiting for it to appear again before asking the dentist to glue it back in situ!

3 Likes

Under the ā€œThings to do in Barnsleyā€ section, most of the recommended activities require one to actually leave Barnsley. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

So you have an ex who is now a sparks ? I hope the split was amicable. If not weā€™ll tell the coroner that the fire might not have been an accident ā€¦

VB

Iā€™ve done that - back to normal now - Ilfordā€¦

oh waitā€¦:thinking:

:rofl:

2 Likes

RTFM on REW and getting the measuring process right. And then piping the data over to the minidsp.

Sounds very different to un eqā€™dā€¦

I tried writing something witty about how dull Barnsley is but i just canā€™t be arsed to waste the effort.

Sacking our apprentice.

What did he do?

Sold summat ?