Today I have mainly been

Moody, lazy and terrible communication skills.
His technical stuff was coming along nicely but I couldn’t deal with his teenage bullshit any longer.

1 Like

Behave, I’m talking about my proper job, you know, where the real money is made… :rofl:

2 Likes

Arguing some sense into NHS finance overlords about how they have got the contracted activity - savings plan - agreed deficit relationship completely wrong.

They were wrong all along but needed to take 5 days to reach that conclusion ‘for themselves’. Obviously they’re not wrong but appreciate the greater clarity :laughing:

3 Likes

I’m creating a website for a conference that I’m running in the next few months.

They have discovered new vital information of course. :wink:

Yes, that saying the same thing for five days straight does not constitute or replace a logical argument!

Quite funny when bullies realise it doesn’t wash and that they have no other skills to deploy to influence the outcome.

My chances of success have increased as a result from <5% (ie just luck), to about 25%. If I can get the contracts signed at the levels required in the next month that increases to about 50%.

1 Like

Currently having a ride to the airport in a Tesla P100D. I really do like the autopilot function on it.

3 Likes

(Yesterday) leading a walk NW of Sheffield. Hadn’t walked it before so had a few “diversions”. Cursed the farmer who left a 10 foot width of 8 inch deep yard slurry right across the path.

1 Like

Yup, we’ve got one of those near here :rage:. And the shallow side of it is bordered by an electric fence.

VB

Sat in livingroom enjoying a cup of tea and trying to decide what to do today. Using up my holiday allowance & don’t have to go back to work until after Easter. Happy days.

Hmm, just got this years leave sheet. When I booked my leave last year, I left a few days spare for things like Lopwell etc.

My arsehole boss has arbitrarily used those days to give me a week off in October…:rage:

That’s a shit.

I’m astounded. He thinks he can tell you when to go on hols? Unlawful.

Not unlawful at all. In some institutions (mine) it’s contractual. Based on the business need, it is necessary. Otherwise the business would close down over school holidays.

I don’t think that’s the same thing. For example, where I work, crew bid for holiday slots, because there has to be enough coverage for services to operate. That isn’t the same as being arbitrarily told when you’re going.

2 Likes

Watching roofs go up

Naughty person parked right next to No Parking sign!

Indeed,they were put there for the residents and not the builders but there are vans, cars and lorries everywhere.

Hope they are going to give everyone a grand for inconvenience

Might get an air rifle

Rooves

Grammarist.com points out that Roofs is the plural of roof in all varieties of English, and that Rooves is an old, secondary form that, although still appears occasionally, isn’t common enough to be considered standard.

5 Likes