Today I have mainly been

BMW, golf, are rupert bear trousers involved? Of course they are. :face_with_raised_eyebrow::rofl::rofl::rofl:

In Limerick

Are you the young man from Nantucket ?

VB

1 Like

You know things are bad when you can rightly be criticised for taste and aesthetics by someone from Cheshire.

1 Like

Feck. I hope this is very temporary.

Got lost on the A560 did we?

Done a 5 mile cycle ride in Wales which is first time in about 20 years .rather enjoyed it. Staying on very smelly and noisy farm for few days

1 Like

Are you boasting or complaining?

1 Like

Sorting out the bias on a Michaelson and Austin TVA-1. A pain. The screw-adjusters are hidden inside the amp and only accessible from underneath. Hence the 3" x 3" prop. The thing weighs 38kg.

(Sorry for the grainy phone pic. It’s gloomy in my living room.)

VB

3 Likes

AKA Stab City (or so my Irish colleague tells me)

You can see the bias is miles out just by looking at it! :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Has it caught fire yet?

1 Like

It’s a TVA not an NVA :grinning:

2 Likes

No. I have had it delivering 75W/ch continuous sine though, which did warm the dummy load resistor up pretty impressively. I think this is the biggest iron I’ve seen on a vintage (1978) hifi amp (I have got a 300W mono PA amp which came from Sizewell A nuclear power station and the trannies on that are bigger, but hifi it ain’t).

VB

They were notoriously flammable.

2 Likes

Sifting through feedback from yesterday’s presentation.
I. Am. Loved.

1 Like

Was there free beer ?

VB

Not complaining,just makes a nice change to hear quad bikes attending to noisy sheep and watching a big bull from the window. Refreshing change from police sirens

I did think about buying their affection but the Drug & Alcohol policy scuppered my plan. I had to rely on my natural charm and wit.

:face_with_monocle:

2 Likes