Weird Food Combinations that Work...maybe. (We've moved on from Hot Cross Buns)

that is how it should work. But this

https://www.ocado.com/webshop/product/Waitrose-Duchy-Organic-Onion-Marmalade/59498011?ULP_CAMPAIGN_ID=52&gclid=Cj0KCQiAuP7UBRDiARIsAFpxiRLtI_BlkSa05PFqLNrSfy6W7sD6eB13CtVUkAumIJfLNaXjauXFhXEaAoP6EALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds&dclid=CJKw1KC_2tkCFcQT0wodShgC9w

contains cider vinegar

You’re talking about the products of a man who believes in homeopathy and talking to plants to help them grow. His opinions on chutney can be safely ignored

6 Likes

true and way too high in sugar.

Personally I’d prefer some herbed (sprig or two of thyme) slowly caramelised onions addressed with a splash of balsamic vinegar.

2 Likes

addressed :slight_smile:

1 Like

brine

I wondered how long before someone took the bait :fishing_pole_and_fish:

1 Like

Must be a Canada thing :thinking:

This thread really should be split.

1 Like

I can certainly tell you “work” in academia… . . . . :open_mouth:

Posh Nosh.

Too much fucking time on his hands more like! :joy:

2 Likes

Whoops. Sorry :blush:

1 Like

This thread has veered far to much for my liking

We need pics and reviews of HCBs

working hard here - others with more time on their hands can try my fine dining crumpet

2 Likes

You nearly got me with the anointed earlier :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Sacrilege.

That looks like it’s sailing close to that fine Cornish delicacy, the saffron cake.

1 Like

2nd batch just out of the oven. Girls struggled piping the cross but otherwise they’re lush. Slightly pious but not too much. No glaze, HCBs should not be glazed like a sticky bun, and even vegan friendly if you substitute the SALTED butter for axel grease.

8 Likes

For all you toasted freaks

5 Likes

French cows butter on the left and Devon goat butter on the right, both SALTED. Surprised that the French butter melted quicker than the goat one, no contest taste wise, the goat butter is way ahead, so much more going on in the flavour department.

1 Like

You silly billy

2 Likes