What albums have you bought lately?

True, true.

Fuck you Chris !

Fuck you Mark !

Iā€™m borderline skint now :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

Another PY release :slightly_smiling_face:

This arrived this morning along with the Deep Distance LP Dom released. Iā€™m not allowed to open it as the kids are ā€˜givingā€™ them to me for my birthday :rage: which is not for a while yet. :rage::rage::rage:

2 Likes

If you are careful you can listen in private via the flac on bandcampšŸ˜

The entire envelope was feckinā€™ confiscated before I got anywhere near it.

:face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Mine were both delivered to the office, so no play time until this evening :frowning:

You donā€™t need that to listen! No code for the flac still means you can stream it free, just not download it.
You must know that!?

That is a lossy stream unless something has changed recently. I was confused by it being described as FLAC. :nerd_face:

1 Like

Pedant

As FLAC is just a wrapper you can have lossy FLAC :nerd:

1 Like

:joy:

Which although true is unlikely in this case as B/C free streams are lossy. I prefer Free Lossless Audio Codec to Free Lossy Audio Codec. Fucking stupid I know, but what can you do? :thinking:

Pedants laugh in the face of unlikely.

1 Like

There are layers of pedantry within the pedantry in this exchange :exploding_head:

What you can do is wait for your presents and quit your jibber jabber.

Or kill your ears with a sub standard preview.

2 Likes

:+1:

No sign of them here sadly. I have hope they are about to be foisted on me by a neighbour.

Tis true afaik.

Flac encryption itself is lossless, but there can be any old shite inside it

FLAC is both a codec and a wrapper for its output. FLAC output can also be wrapped in Ogg. However, although the FLAC codec has a number of levels of compression available, they are all lossless. Never seen FLAC used for lossy data, except via transcoding.

Good job the football is on

:smirk: