Yet another thread for the purposes of awarding a cockpunch

1 Like

what a tosser - have a CP

What a very strange note to write. Clearly the writer recognised that the paramedics were on a mission. I’m guessing they blocked his/her drive because they needed enough space to get the back doors open and maybe a trolley in and there wasn’t that space ten yards further up the road. Weird.

VB

Fuuuuuuck… I guess in a world where the emergency services can turn up to incidents at some city estates and find themselves pelted with bricks and their equipment robbed from under their noses, this almost seems minor, but still that’s a level of cuntery that even this forum can only aspire to…

3 Likes

Maybe they just don’t turn up to that address, if ever called, so that they don’t block the drive.

Win win.

1 Like

The cunt better hope he doesn’t require one of the emergency service soon. :skull_and_crossbones:

“Chest pains you say, sir, sorry but you did say…”

Exactement

Remember when @MGOwner was giving cpr to someone a few months back? And some selfish cow interrupted him to find out what platform she needed to go to, or whatever, and then whined at him because he pointed out that he was rather busy at that particular moment?

This is just the same sort of thing.

3 Likes

Recently had a courier driver complaining about a similar situation at an earlier ‘drop’.

me neither , never charged me that . bad news for that honda garage

New rules which will come into effect on 13 January 2018 will mean you cannot be penalised for choosing to pay by card, either online or in-store.

Under the current rules, which came into force in 2013, companies should only charge you what it costs them to process a debit or credit card payment - they shouldn’t make a profit on these surcharges.

But consumers can still face hefty charges, with fees typically around 2% and on some smaller transactions accounting for as much as 20% of the bill.

How the rules are changing

The new rules, which will be laid down in law, will mean ALL surcharges are banned. So there will be no charges for paying by debit or credit card, including American Express and linked ways of paying such as PayPal or Apple Pay.

Guy Anker, managing editor of MoneySavingExpert.com, said: "Scrapping card surcharges is good news, especially for the millions of consumers who would otherwise have been milked by companies who whack on unexpected charges at the end of the process – something that has been happening for years.

“With the cost of living rising anyway, people shouldn’t be hit with unexpected fees. While it will make it easier for consumers to compare prices, we expect some companies will raise prices for all to compensate for the loss, which could hit those who currently pay in cash or debit card.”

1 Like

Statement of the obvious. In the end the customers pay for everything - the cost of the goods, the retailers’ overheads, the retailers’ profits, everything. The retailers could choose to reduce their profits (as they can at any moment, whether or not the government is tinkering with payment legislation). Or they could choose to leave them where they are and spread the card costs over everyone.

It could be argued that that would be unfair, as card payers have the advantage of convenience (not having to carry cash) and credit card payers have the additional advantages of a credit period and of extra contractual protection. But never mind about fairness, because it’s only the poor who disproportionately don’t have access to credit cards and no-one cares about making poorer people pay for richer people’s advantages.

VB

3 Likes

One of my close friends runs a coffee shop in Melbourne right next to a suburban train station in a very working class area. They are completely cashless. You can pay with card, phone, PayPal etc etc. He reckons not handling cash saves him about 20 hours per week as the books are done automatically, there is no hassle with change etc and his insurance has gone down. He reckons he is ahead financially despite now not being able to disguise a chunk of his business in terms of tax. If you want to pay cash there is a cafe across the road that can serve you. You might not like it, but it is the way the world is going…

The next twat who says to me either"Nigel Farrage talks a lot of sense" or Boris isn’t really a buffoon, it’s just an act" is going to get a repeated penis punching and bollock bashing from me. Fucking idiots :dizzy_face:

5 Likes

So the volume control on the WD88VA was buzzing on one channel at the bottom of its range. Time for a change, while I was at it swap out the recommended change of first stage coupling caps for a nice pair of ClarityCap ESAs.

Tried shunt mode as there is far more gain than needed. Volume control then effectively acts as an on and off switch. Back up the stairs to the mancave it goes.

Swap to standard wiring with the shunt mode resistors in series to drop the level by 3dB. Wired in reverse. Back up the stairs.

And then the left channel starts running quiet. Back up the stairs.

Check all of the connections changed, all fine. Check the volume control, all measured resistances fine. Pull out hair (limited resource).
Discover that the shield for the left channel feedback wire is brusing the connection for the left channel cathode bias. Utter unspeakable oaths while rerouting.

Bring down stairs for the fifth time in four evenings. Play music…

2 Likes

Micheal Mcintyre and Bob Geldolf.

2 Likes

Entirely mandatory fer that pair of uber cunts!

2 Likes

Good call

1 Like

My home-office chair which is now so wankered, it is behaving like a gimballed unipivot rodeo machine.

I have identified its replacement through my frankly amazing office chair thread but I haz no monies :’(

1 Like