Yet another thread for the purposes of awarding a cockpunch

The Judge should get 3 years for being suck a bell-end.

:face_with_monocle:

Spelling fail and Freudian slip all-in-one there by the looks of it.

1 Like

Just having a read of the sentencing remarks from the Judge (https://www.judiciary.gov.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/r-v-jon-venables.pdf)

The relevant guideline suggests a sentence before plea discount of 12 months, or, after discount for the plea of guilty, 8 months. The sentence I am about to impose will be much longer than that, but must remain proportionate to the offences with which I am dealing.

So it looks like if you want to get mad at anyone, it’s whoever sets the sentencing guidelines, rather than the Judge in this particular instance.

Also of note is that as he was released on licence for the Bulger murder, that life sentence is effectively back in effect:

You received a life sentence for that crime, and after serving about 8 years you were released subject to licence. That licence lasts for life, and there are conditions attached to it. Breach of the conditions means that you can be recalled to serve a further indefinite period of imprisonment under the terms of the life sentence.

2 Likes

FFS, the cunt needs a rope around his neck - toxic, dangerous vermin like him never change, they just relentlessly harm the society they parasitise…

2 Likes

Never mind a cp, I’d like to kick the nuts of the cunt who sideswipped my car into fucking orbit! :rage: At about 7am this morning a Merc low loader/car transporter did it when he had to pull onto the gap in front of my car so that another car could pass in the other direction. He just drove off without stopping.

The car is never usually parked on the road - it’s normally parked off road, on the paving in front of the house. But this week we’ve had scaffolding up for the double glazing install so the car had to be parked on the road.

Luckily, one of the double glazing installers had arrived early and was sitting in has van - he saw everything and took the reg number of the Merc.

Anyone know a way of getting owner details from a reg number?

Maybe you have to report to the police? Drivers have to stop after such an incident, so they are likely to be helpful, especially with an independent witness

1 Like

Yep I have, via 101. Also just filled in an on-line statement on the Met website :+1:

4 Likes

That is shit luck Jim. I hope the cops get him for you. Might be worth contacting your insurers also with all the information you have.

1 Like

Happened to me last year. No witnesses. Dents and scrapes from the front wing to the rear door, plus a broken wing mirror.

You have my sympathies.

Fuck me Jim, you are Unlucky Alf at the moment. At least you got the bloke’s details. He could be in quite a bit of shit for that.

Shit. :rage:

Report to the police. They will likely contact the driver by sending a notice of intended prosecution for failure to stop.

That should get his attention.

You’ll need to inform your insurance too.

Also, make sure to get the witnesses details. Will be useful if he denies it.

Failing to stop after an accident is regarded as quite a serious offence. If memory serves me correctly it may even be imprisonable technically.

It is an arrestable offence (unlike most motoring offences).

If they need to send out a notice of intended prosecution they have 14 days to do it.

If you type the reg into the DVLA tax check website it’ll probably tell you the make of the vehicle.

That is sickening to see.:frowning_face:
Worth reporting to the Police but I wouldn’t be too optimistic. My wife had that same thing happen. Driver of a Transit Tipper looking for scrap hit her car in the industrial estate in which she worked, then drove off. There were several witnesses, one of whom produced a business card that the driver had handed him moments before. There was CCTV footage showing the incident, the vehicle, including its identity, and the driver.
The police response? “Unable to trace” the driver of the vehicle, apparently. :weary:

Informing your insurance company could mean larger premiums next year. Higher risk etc etc.

For sure, but if you don’t and the other driver does end up reporting it to his, there may be some difficult questions to answer from your own insurers. With the police involved, I wouldn’t mess about, tbh.

Yes, it sucks. I had similar a year or so ago. My insurers increased my premium by a stupid amount so I shopped around and actually got it cheaper than previously.

2 Likes

I have a protected NCB - not claimed on car insurance since 1989. Not that it will make much difference - the cunts will still want their pound of flesh :disappointed:

This, Jim. The low-loader driver and his employers have only two choices - i) to fess up and take whatever’s coming or ii) to deny it completely and utterly. The longer things take, the easier this gets for them. If you can encourage the police to lean hard on them straight away then they may still catch them while they’re disorganised.

Over the twenty-odd years that she drove up and down the A34 to work Mrs VB was twice hit by full-size artics. In each case no witnesses stopped and in each case the haulage companies simply denied any involvement (the first one to the insurers, the second one to the police). They didn’t do it and indeed they weren’t even there. Complete barefaced lies despite, in one case, Mrs VB having followed the guy nearly 10 miles, memorising every detail of his wagon that she could. And twice pulling in front of him and slowing down to try to get him to stop (he didn’t, of course). Bastards.

VB

The Mrs said to me this morning “something else is bound to happen now, because bad luck always comes in threes”

…oh the joy of superstition…:weary:

Just take a shit on the carpet and get the third one out of the way then. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

No, you aren’t. Not even close.

2 Likes