Yet another thread for the purposes of awarding a cockpunch

‘The Edge’. Never seen him do anything ‘Edgy’ or even interesting.

6 Likes

U2 - the blueprint for corporate rock assholes. Wankers.

3 Likes

I just moved bank, for the first time in several decades, and it worked really well - there is a new system that actually does what it’s meant to.

Re DDs, there is a guarantee whereby they immediately refund and cover any charges if they make a mistake. I remember using this when I was poor - every time anyone made any mistake I said I’d been charged £30 per day or something. I think it was quite lucrative!

Me too, the system worked flawlessly.

I haven’t done it for a few years. But last time there was all sorts of arse about proving ID. Since I wanted an account with an online bank who had no high street presence I had to send original documents by registered mail IIRC. But surely I shouldn’t have to do this just to set up a standing order ? The other banks that I’m with seem to manage it. OK, I note Greg’s grief with First Direct cocking up too, but in a way that reinforces my position. If I wanted to find a bank that worked I’d first have to spend time weeding out the ones that don’t. Life’s too short.

True. But first you have to get them to admit that it’s their mistake. Our nightmare concerned us leaving the country and renting our house out through an agent who was supposed to transfer the utility bills to new tenants once some had been found. They didn’t. The utility companies DD’d the money out of our UK account. The lead tenant scarpered half way through the tenancy, taking the other tenants’ cash utility payments with her. So now we were in a 6-way scrap with us, two utility companies, the agents, the scarpered tenant and the other tenants. The situation wasn’t helped by the fact that the utilities had breezily DD’d themselves a long way into credit on both accounts. We did get our money back but one of the utility companies harrassed us for payment for 15 months, sometimes phoning in the evening and upsetting Mrs VB pretty badly. It was shit. Now I pay for stuff myself rather than letting other people take what they want.

VB

Again that’s not a DD problem it’s a fuckwit letting agent problem.

Me. Monumental one required.

Only shlepped all the way to a job and cant find my blow lamp. Left it at friends house on Saturday when creme bruleeing.

Bollox.

You could ask the lady of the house for a blow :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

If that’s not a euphemism …

1 Like

That sucks!

1 Like

He’s more likely to get lamped.

VB

1 Like

I’m cracking up here :roll_eyes:

bet you are shattered?

What a bunch of fucking idiots - and their beer is shit

Lack of consistency/bosses in general.

We had one of those quick staff meetings yesterday where, the negative aspects of lazy team members were pointed out, the acts reprimanded, with the general theme being a slapped wrist for the whole team. Emphasis on doing things properly, working as a team, etc. If we need any resources to tell him and he will do what he can to provide them. 2/10 for content.

One process we’ve recently had to adopt is due to GDPR, all data leaving us has to be encrypted. (Best practice means you’d have done this by default anyway, but it wasn’t encouraged here, eek.) Makes perfect sense, when I am dealing with Pearson, usually to upload exam data where a PC has failed to upload a batch of answers a learner has given, I have to log in to a portal which they host, the data is then encrypted/uploaded and an email is sent to the recipient with a link to access said data.

Today someone came to us asking for advice on this, boss ended up present 5 minutes after he entered the office.

Our approach is just to use 7zip to make an archive file and give it a password upon creation. Do 100% of computer users use 7zip? No. Can you save a file as a zip file from 7zip and open it in Windows natively? No. It just errors, not giving a password entry field at any point.

What is the boss’ answer today when we do some testing and learn that WinRAR does let you set passwords for .zip files which Windows will let you open them after it presents you with a password entry field/declaring the correct password?

“We’re not paying for that. They just need to install 7zip.”

Some people here know that I don’t ridicule when it comes to a lack of understanding/ignorance with IT and I especially don’t expect 3rd parties to just follow “our” advice with what software to install. When we have had similar instances of 3rd parties advising us, the boss tells them no. The next answer was “Most people already use 7zip already” - In just 2 months of this we have had 10 complaints. Assumptions in anything don’t work, especially in IT.

So much for doing a job properly/spending a penny on something which would probably do the job, when in reality we should have a secure and encrypted method - cock punch to the boss man etc. Shudder.

Local Police dealing with a complaint from Tesco about a local busker.

1 Like

He does across as a colossal twat though.

1 Like

Massive cockpunch for not using the sleeve. Skinning up on the LP itself…

:face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Kids these days :unamused:

5 Likes

Yep, I wasn’t sure who to give the CP to tbh. The copper was doing his job, being polite but probably felt he had better things to do. The Busker is often there, usually just plays but sometimes get a bit Momentumish. No idea why the Tesco manager complained to the Police but I suspect there was a reason.

The Busker mention of rapes etc. is because it is Telford. We have a massive problem here as you no doubt have heard.