Yet another thread for the purposes of awarding a cockpunch

Most sat nav systems are useless. I have a friend who has a BMW electric car. When driving from Oxford to Harpenden, the in car sat nav took him on the motorway, and said he wouldn’t have enough charge, so he had to stop for a coffee and charge on the way.

On the way back, we checked Google maps for him, which found a route that was about a minute slower, but more direct, so he wouldn’t have to charge on the way - saving half an hour.

Quite why BMW didn’t think to include a system that took into account the range issues of its car is entirely baffling, but completely expected. The only sat nav system that makes any sense right now is Google maps, due to the constant updating and live updates.

In defence of some companies, the Porsche one seems to do quite well - I would like the option to use only “B” roads occasionally for some twisty fun…

proper swish to the nads to the people who are doing cone penetration testing outside my office and seem to have to need a diesel engine on all the time - filling my office with fumes and noise…

cockpunch to cats - one of whom in his exuberant digging decided that flicking moist shit all over the hall was the thing to do this morning, and then when he had a clingon decided that wiping his arse on the Persian rug would be an effective treatment,

Cock to the other cat, that ate his breakfast so fast, when he burped he vommed the whole lot of cat food up and then proceeded to chow down on it as his bowl was empty…

4 Likes

Actually the BMW professional system is one of the best in car navs on the market, uses google maps with live traffic updates!

If I was asked to rank types of sat-nav systems, integral car set-ups would be the worst.

Separate boxed systems like Tom Tom, Garmin etc are better…

but Google maps is easily the best - and it’s free! :+1:

I’ve paid Porsche extra to have Google maps integration with the sat-nav on the Macan I’m waiting for.

2 Likes

When I got a new Merc I ordered the in car sat nav and the fucking thing was in German when I used it the first time.

Was a pile of shite as well, best one I’ve used was TomTom and I’m still pissed of with them that they stopped making the in car cradle for the iphone.

From personal experience I’d say that TomTom traffic was more useful than Google’s, but the thing that pissed me off was that the servers would crap out in times of when there were loads of incidents with really heavy traffic - just when you needed it!

1 Like

I had such a bad time with the TomTom the last time I drove down to the Midlands that I turned the fucking thing off and used my iPhone instead. The SatNav in the hire car (a Citroen people mover :rolling_eyes: not the Volvo I had ordered) was more irritating than your neighbour’s red-headed step child. That was absolutely worse than useless.

My Mazda has an option in the menu. I can’t believe the Porker hasn’t.

It is a Porsche. You need to pay for each and every option. Fuck knows what the menus cost…

:upside_down:

1 Like

If you get the chance try the B1183 heading north from Frithville, or the B1192 north from Langrick. The bend just beyond New York on the latter is genuinely special.

VB

it has an option for avoiding “motorways”, but that is as far as it gets.

On the new car, you can prepare a route on google maps and then upload it to the sat nav

That’ll come in handy for all the bints who seem to drive them 150 yds to drop little Tarquin off at school round here.

Does it come with cameras that CGI out the parking bay lines and skew them causing owners/drivers to park at 45 degrees to other cars?

3 Likes

Mine randomly switches off which is a nice feature,last time it did it,was by stoke fc

Everything switches off in Stoke, as far as I can gather…:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

FFS !!! Why did I download Elf Bowling…AGAIN !!!

What on earth did you go to Stoke for? :open_mouth:

That’s between him and the courts :joy:

1 Like