Yet another thread for the purposes of awarding a cockpunch

Nope, just that some eejit could think that amp looked like a bauhaus design.

I do find it a little bit suspicious that the same phrase was used on the manufacturers website though.

A stupid self cutting tap under the sink that I didnā€™t know was there can have a punch in the goonies for popping itā€™s knob off at 9pm last night and gushing water all over the kitchen floorā€¦

Iā€™ve turned the mains stop cock off, all I could do last night, thank god it didnā€™t happen when we had gone to bed!

:rage:

Argh!

Ouch!

Try to avoid calling in one of the new breed of roaming plumber/thespians.

Feckin hopeless.

7 Likes

Indeed be wary of plumbers turning up in full atire

There has been a spate of plumbers dressed up in Gilbert & Sullivan outfits in the Derbyshire area this week

5 Likes

Thanks for the warning, hopefully my handy Uncle Chris can sort it today, fingers crossed.

As always itā€™s just in a really awkward positionā€¦

1 Like

I take it he isnā€™t into amdram, panto, musicals or other varieties of the performing arts? Iā€™d just be questioning his ability to handle a wrench or the correct use of ptfe tape if he was.

2 Likes

Is there a form of performing arts where a plumber turning up to someoneā€™s house is a regular character?

Just found this from Mrs Simpson in the chesterfield gazette from Monday

"I had a sightly leaky washer that needed changing,I was hoping it would only be a 10 minute job. I was advised to try A touch of cloth & co as a competent plumber.
However he arrived at 9am in full pirates of Penzance regalia,by the time Iā€™d made him tea,he was in full voice singing songs from the mikado,sadly I wonā€™t be able to recommend him to my neighbors "

2 Likes

Carry On Up the Drainpipe?

1 Like

Watch how big and unnecessary a hole he knocks into a wall nowhere near the pipe in question too.

2 Likes

Just think yourself lucky that he didnā€™t spend the whole day hiding under the floorboards fiddling with his stilsons,

2 Likes

Glad you got it sorted in time Robā€¦ howeverā€¦self cutting taps are the work of bell ends, builders and electricians.

Rip the fucker oot and get a proper connection.

Under no circumstances replace it with another. :slight_smile:

1 Like

The Pirates of Mens Pants. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Just got a message to say itā€™s fixed/replaced with a compression fitting, it wasnā€™t used anyway :wink:

Compression are miles better. Youā€™ll be reet.

1 Like

I am the very model of a modern plumbing engineer,
Iā€™ve ratchets and Iā€™ve spanners and Iā€™ve evā€™ry kind of cutting gear,
Iā€™ve thousands of compression joints and massive pots of solder flux,
But when it comes to tidying I really couldnā€™t give a damnā€¦

Iā€™ve got a bucket in my van to deal with lifeā€™s emergencies,
And breathing apparatus and some pads to go upon my knees,
Iā€™m on the GasSafe register and comprehensively insured,
But when it comes down to it I would really rather tread the boards.

Heā€™s on the GasSafe register and comprehensively insured,
But when it comes down to it he would really rather tread the boards.

Etcā€¦

12 Likes

Hmm - job for tomorrow!

Edit
The one I have in the garage is a clamp that puts a small pin prick into the pipe which I used to feed the RO unit for my fish tank. As you open the tap, the pin comes out and releases the water. I cannot see how it would blow and worse case I would get a pin prick leak into the garage. Itā€™s been in for over 15 years so, as I donā€™t use it any more, should I just leave it alone?

Itā€™s really easy access so no problem to change it for a compression joint via a plumber I would need to buy beer for.

Not as good as yorkshire though :+1:

They are disgusting things Mick. The seal is made by a rubber gasket around the pipe which is held in place by the tap which acts as a clamp.

The rubber shrinks and/or perishes over time which gives you ā€˜issuesā€™. Up to you what you want to do, but if I was working on your house and spied it, my advice would be replace it.

Normally see them in diy outside tap kits with a bloody hosepipe through the wall.

2 Likes