2016 - haven't you had enough yet?

Lovely down to earth fella by all accounts. Big loss to his family, friends and fans. RIP George.

Not the biggest fan of his music, but he did have some great songs to his name.

The thing I do remember about him is his honesty whenever being interviewed. He was a great lover of music and performing.

not a musician but someone who made me laugh - RIP Liz Smith who amongst other parts played Nana in Royle Family, aged 95

1 Like

Yes she was a great lady RIP

FFS !!!

One of my drumming heroesā€¦

2016 is just fucking relentless.

68 does seem to be a perilous age for musicians.

Just heard Richard Adams, author of Watership Down and The Plague Dogs died on Xmas Eve, 96, so at least he had a decent innings.

The Plague Dogs gave me nightmares when I was a kid.

I know, Watership Down was one of my favourite books.

And Carrie Fisher, just announced now. FFS.

60! She looked a lot older. Canā€™t have been well for a long time.

It seemed inevitable after she had such a long time without breathing; this happened to my sisterā€™s partner a few years ago, he ended up with massive brain damage and died shortly afterwards (even though his heart attack occurred in hospital and he had immediate expert CPR).

I think she had a life that was hard on her body and mind. What a shame.

3 Likes

By way of sad irony here the news about Carrie Fisher came out while we were out at the cinema watching Rogue One where ā€˜sheā€™ makes a tiny cameo appearance, CGIā€™d using another actress as the basis.

RIP Carrie :frowning2:.

VB

1 Like

Now Carrieā€™s mother, Debbie Reynolds.

RIP -

My cousin, heart attack yesterday, he was 56.

Sorry to hear that Kevin. Thereā€™s never a good time, but deaths at Christmas can be particularly tough. Itā€™s exactly a year since we lost my mother-in-law.

Graeme

Condolences Kevin

My condolences Kevin.