2018 Formula 1

Mansell would be even betterer. :smiley:

2 Likes

In a profession not short of moaning fuckers, heā€™s the fucking master

1 Like

Alonso to Redbull for 2019 apparently.

He couldnā€™t wait to continue his work with Honda.

1 Like

Di Resta was king of its not my fault! Made Mansell look like an ideal driver.

1 Like

Mansour Ojjeh resigns from Mclarenā€¦

:flushed:

It was a bit err surprising :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Good news, I wonder what this will mean for Williams?

They are already in big trouble, and this can only make matters worse. They need good leadership and fundingā€¦

1 Like

Their largest backer leaves them high and dry ? Iā€™d say theyā€™re even more fucked than they already were (what with Martini gone at the end of 18)

They were sniffing around a Merc gearbox + rear suspension deal this week, but Iā€™m pretty sure itā€™s not those two components that makes them dogshit in the corners.

Theyā€™ve never seemed inclined to sell but very soon itā€™ll be the only option going: theyā€™ll incinerate cash without a serious partner in 19.

1 Like

Exactly, they might save some money doing this in a year or so because they do not need gearbox designers, but their problems are clearly in the Aero department.

4 Likes

1 Like

Now confirmedā€¦

Letā€™s hope itā€™s not the end of Freddy in F1.

Bugger bugger bugger

It surely is the end though, even though heā€™s still the pound for pound best driver on the grid, and the standout driver from an incredibly gifted generation.

There have been openings at all the top teams the last 18 months, and they havenā€™t bit: if not now, then never.

Iā€™ve always found it bizarre that his luggage was deemed so burdensome. As if Senna and Lauda werenā€™t a handful.

He was by a country mile my favorite driver, and Iā€™ll miss the drama of his driving on the track and his scheming off it.

Worth a watch ā€¦

2 Likes

Very sad day indeed, Iā€™ll really miss him, it seems all the real racers and characters are disappearing from F1 for one reason or another :frowning:

The No-Shit-Sherlock post of the day goes toā€¦

1 Like