2019 Formula One

Decent race. Great start for the Finn and was his to lose from then on.

Not sure that the new regs had added much improvement to the racing. Although, I’m aware Melbourne is an anomaly due to having no real braking zones. Adelaide would have been clearer :grin:
We will have to wait until we get to Europe before we get any proper indications.

I’m not convinced that Ferrari are THAT far off the pace. I suspect they have issues that were track related.

As is usual, Straya simply adds more questions than answers.

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

That would be something of a first in any other context.

:cowboy_hat_face:

Cunt

1 Like

:rooster:

1 Like

Christ, F1 press awash “we’d all forgotten how good Bottas really is” stories

I OTOH have not forgotten how God awful shite he was last season, so yeah - Rosberg-y drive in Melbourne, but I’m not gonna hold my breath just yet

He led lights to flag without making a mistake. Yes, well done. Bravo.

Try doing that with Max & Lewis up yer chuff. Or in the wet.

1 Like

It was the start he REALLY needed, I wish him well. Can he maintain it all season? Dunno…

Interesting article, with a view strengthened by the way the race went. :+1:t3:

The comments to this !!! #WheresTed?

Blimey- insert ‘getting Head’ jokes here.

2 Likes

Last time I saw a tache like that Seb was in a video with an attractive lady asking a plumber to get out his massive tool…

1 Like

The hope is that it would create additional advertising breaks as the top drivers will have to complete three perfect sessions in order to get through to the deciding round which will be more lucrative to commercial sponsors.

ftfy

1 Like

I’ve looked high and low and can’t find one single “this is a new world-beating Bottas” article anywhere this morning.

Fancy that!!

Very impressive Leclerc performance though

@Tons_of_fun ed - re. the return of Head: I appreciate we have some rather informed posters, but I was struggling to think what the question would be to which Patrick Head was the answer :-/

2 Likes

Check out Mick Schumacher (red car on pole) at the start of the second F2 race :eyes:

Safe to say he doesn’t altogether dissaprove of his Dads “chop” legacy then

1 Like

Charles was lapping faster than both Williams cars, even when he had one cylinder not working!

At the end of qualifying, someone, who will remain nameless, said “that is the end of Vettel”

I understood that Patrick Head was going to be there as a short term consultant, and so is presumably to help advise as to whom they should employ as a Technical Director.

So the next few months will be crucial for Williams future.

3 Likes

Albon redesigns the Red Bull, bringing P3 to a close.

That’ll be tough to rebuild before Quali :flushed:

Ouch …

Errrr, WTAF

2 Likes

Shows what a loss Charlie Whiting is.

1 Like