2022 Formula One

^^ that.

Enjoyable qualifying.
Charles pulled that one out in Q3

2 Likes

Decent session. Though tyre-usage is where the variation sits.
Interesting to watch the first two laps to see how it shakes out. But with Barca it’s usually very difficult to pass. So, who the fuck nose.

Well the F3 was entertaining this morning, they managed to overtake.

1 Like

Yep, enjoyable race, looking forward to the F2 race now!

1 Like

Entertaining efforts from George, but Lewis suggesting throwing-in the towel after KMag took him out was damned poor form - playing right into the hands of the haters. All the more annoying given the car was evidently working pretty well on this circuit, and may indeed be developing in the right direction… Dug himself out pretty well in the end though. Bit meh! otherwise - luck (and team orders) certainly favouring Max.

1 Like

Hey Siri. Show me an article with a weapons grade wanker talking total shit

7 Likes

:laughing:

Translation: “We’re ahead in dev, but the next stage will be costly and we don’t want rivals closing-in.

3 Likes

Bye xx

Lewis drove a very fast race (once he had got over his frustration and desire to park up and save the engine!) and in the end was similar to VER (and quicker than RUS), but for the first lap incident, it could have been a very different final result for him.

Charles was faster than VER on the soft tyres (that was a very long first stint on the soft to build a big lead) and looked to be a bit quicker on the medium tyres until his engine gave up.

Ferrari still do look to have the most powerful engine, but it is not reliable enough (the 2 non finishers used Ferrari engines).

Sauber made a basic strategic error with BOT (who drove another good race) and should have gone for a 3 stop instead of the 2 stop. Barcelona has always had greater degradation in the race than in other sessions as the track grips up. The difficulty comes in predicting how much degradation they will see, but during the race they should have swapped to a 3 stop as the race trace graph showed that others had swapped and that they were going to get a better race result.

5 Likes

Apologies for becoming an anti-Verstappen viewer, but RB team orders seem to have played a big par relegated to a byline in reports like “Max Verstappen fought back from an early spin and a DRS issue to reclaim the lead of the Formula 1 championship by winning Sunday’s Spanish Grand Prix.”

Perez was asked to move aside for Verstappen not once, but twice. Teams will have a hierarchy, but instructing a driver who has a chance at outright championship victory (following Barcelona Perez is 3rd in the standings, finished 2nd in the race) to move aside is going to wear very thin very quickly. The gap could be much closer had he (effectively) been told his efforts were in vain - RB cited ‘different strategies’ but this again just says they planned for Verstappen to win, regardless of what Perez did.

I suspect some of the dislike for Verstappen comes from a dislike for his team leader. Great at their jobs, both of them, but that doesn’t make them popular (with me).

Granted I only watched a bit of it… but was it not inevitable that Verstappen would have overtaken anyway as had better tyres ?

As I said, only watched briefly and may not have even been the same race

1 Like

More from his Dad TBF !

Why not both? Both are arseholes of EPIC proportions.

I too dislike team orders, but they’ve been with us at least since the 80s, and probably longer, and I think Stu’s right about VER being on the optimal strategy.

Regarding team orders : In days of old it was not uncommon for driver one to be given driver twos car and driver two retired from the race if there were problems with driver ones car. At a guess that was the 1950s.

1 Like

That was when it was officially the car that scored, not the driver - I think.

The Red Bull team orders was sensible IMO, their drivers were on different strategies because of DRS woes, Max’s pace was the better. No point in risking tyre life or loss of car for both of them IMO.

I don’t dislike Horner or Jos :slight_smile:

1 Like

More-like 2012 Formula One, but - oh, Bernie…! :person_facepalming: :man_facepalming: :woman_facepalming:

FFS !

1 Like

Verstappen moans about how unfair qualifying was and how a red flag shouldn’t stop it.

Hamilton wants some luck “for once”.

LeClerc runs the fastest lap, by some margin, and is going even faster when he has to abort.

1 Like

Better pics to follow…

The noise of these bloody things!

13 Likes