2022 Formula One

More info / speculation here

2 Likes

“Things that make you go HMMMMMMM…”

Motivated, on-form Fred has been a joy to behold.

Let’s hope Aston a) has some major finance incoming, and b) won’t try and crowbar Alonso into playing #2 to Lance de Boyle…

Meanwhile, at Renault…

managing

Leaving aside tbat AM are haemorrhaging cash, extra money isn’t enough - the personnel, structure and leadership matter so much, and they seem rather lacking on all fronts, esp the latter

I don’t blame him if Alpine were only offering 1 year, but I suspect he’ll be looking at Ocon’s rear wing an awful lot

2 Likes

Seems like Piastri thinks he’s off to McLaren and not staying at Alpine

They’ve properly fucked this one up, if true

Never trust an Aussie, eh ? :bomb: :bomb: :bomb: :bomb: :bomb: :bomb: :bomb:

WTAF? Ricciardo to Alpine then…?

Someone should give Jamie Chadwick a trial.

3 Likes

You could stun a herd of Ox with the tonnage of good shit on the Internet today, but here’s just a few of the best

Don’t fuck about with Fred.

You’d REALLY think teams would have learned by now

4 Likes

priceless.jpg

6 Likes
2 Likes

Saw them at Brands in '76. To a 13YO kid they were THE best thing Ever (even if not tremendously competitive) - although the entire crowd nearly rioting after Hunty was DQ’d on a technicality was pretty mad too! Then he came back out! :star_struck: :star_struck: :star_struck:

Love F1, but it doesn’t get better than that for me.

1 Like
2 Likes

Had the six wheeler on my scalextric kit I got for Christmas one year. Was up against a black John Player traditional four wheeled car. Kids toy but both had tobacco branding all over them, No wonder I ended up smoking f0r 20 years…

1 Like

Because no one in Glasgow would have smoked or drunk without alcohol and cigarette advertising :grinning:

Fair point but Marlboro most definitely should have not have had models in hotpants circulating the Unis giving out multiple pack of Marlboro Gold for months on end. I used to smoke less than 10 a day till i had 80 plus a week for free every Thursday in the union.

1 Like

Sue them :grinning:

1 Like

It’s official - F1 has become a soap opera!

The issues surrounding the last race of last season are still bubbling away. Y’know, like when the old cast of a TV programme turn up years later?

Michael Masi has told the Australian ‘Daily Telegraph’ that he’s signed a non-disclosure agreement with the FIA which prevents him from discussing the decision to only allow some drivers to unlap themselves.
Have to ask - why would that be needed?

2 Likes

Ha, the March six wheeler, I had that set! The JPS was about twice the speed in mine, made it rather absurd as a race tbh

1 Like

My little sis used to get the six wheeler whenever we were playing :grinning:

1 Like

Ricardo out of McLaren at the end of the year.

Now’s your chance Rob, get that application in. :+1:

2 Likes