2022 Formula One

Max needed help from Lewis to make the corner, Lewis has said he would no longer jump out of his way now.

1 Like

Is that him admitting to deliberately causing a collision? Shouldn’t there be extra penalties for something like that?

2 Likes

He has already been penalised for causing a collision, admission of guilt doesn’t mean you add additional penalties.

If the marshals had any testicular fortitude, they’d add points to his race licence as he’s admitted deliberately endangering another driver.

If

3 Likes

Obviously it all depends on what’s currently written in the rules. But I’d say the penalty for an error of judgement should be considered rather different to a deliberate causing of a crash. Look what happened to Renault for deliberately causing a crash, even though it was a single car incident.

1 Like

IIRC 5 second penalties are where blame can mainly be attributed to one driver, but not solely (which would be 10 secs if the case.)

I thought that seemed about right in this case

Then i read that quote

The dreaded vote of confidence

3 Likes

No great surprises here:

1 Like

6 Likes

Nice touch

I, for one, will miss finger boye :face_holding_back_tears:

3 Likes

He was an annoying twat at the peak of his powers, but he matured into a better person and a force-for-good - if a lesser driver, and ultimately I find myself having to agree with you, he will be missed. Respect to him for putting family and personal values above career.

We could do with someone to take over the mantles of Jackie Stewart and Niki Lauda as a conscience within the sport and advocates for driver safety. I hope perhaps he may yet carve such a niche for himself.

6 Likes

+1 :+1:

Not sure we will be posting the same comment in 15 years when Max retires. More like thank fuck the privileged ego has finally gone.

1 Like

I wonder if he will come back as an advocate for green issues. That is something he clearly feels to be important.

1 Like

I hope so mate. He’s kept his plans and ambitions rather close to his chest, the reason for that may come to light next season.

I’m utterly convinced that his being at Red Bull was to the utter detriment of his personality during that time.

2 Likes

Agree wholeheartedly. Pity his move to Ferrari was at the wrong time.*

*Not that there’s been much of a right time in recent years…

1 Like

Agreed, his dad is a premier league cunt and has more than likely passed on the genes.

2 Likes

…Aaaaaand the season ends on a giant “MEH!” of Supreme Indifference…

Gratuitous sportswashing venue season closer is inconsequential, dull, and with a light-sprinkling of fuckups.

Ferrari can’t do strategy and fumble most pit-stops: result - guy in charge gets sacked [soon] while the fuckuppies keep their jobs.

Mercedes can’t do strategy and fumble most pit-stops: result - nobody even seems to notice or care any more.

MYSTIC SOD’S 2023 CRYSTAL-BALLOCKS:

Renamed team ‘Max Bull’ will enter warp-drive flying car and somehow get around the regs again.
Dutch flag to be changed to the number 33 on a ground of crying Mexicans.
Chico who?
Ferrari and Merc will start to get competitive about who can fuck-up strategies more.
Remaining teams form “Formula 1.5”. Winner gets first pick from the meat raffle.
Ukraine, North Korea and Wakanda to host races in December 2023.
People will continue unironically giving Lewis Hamilton pearl necklaces.
2023: the year I snap and go and bludgeon Steve Jones to death with his own leg.

1 Like