2nd annual sou'wester - AKA Tapes and Capes kick off

I would bring the Boenicke’s (I’ve heard them fill bigger rooms than the Lopwell listening lounge) but doubt there’s a bloody amp powerful enough to drive them that loud :wink:

Or if there’s no other options available, and its not fair to ask Mark to lug his down again, I could always bring my AV Uno’s down (and Mark could teach me how to set them up properly :smile:)

I have a Yamaha pro amp, which is 550W and sounds fairly decent. But I’d much rather hear AGs.

I have a Perreaux 3150, man enough I think.

Yeah, it was tongue in cheek really. As Adam says, I think most might probably prefer listening to the AG’s.

@ichm BTW, do you use the Perreaux in your main system or is it on rotation? Have you heard the 250 or 255 integrated?

I fancy a little late night R2R playback amongst the vinyl but don’t really want to be digitising that.

1 Like

How about a poll? You are allowed multiple selections

• JBL L300s, analogue only
  • JBL L300s, digital and analogue
  • Boenicke W8s
  • AG Unos

0 voters

Bo’ nein!

Where’s the ‘none of the above’ option?

3 Likes

16as on a roof rack?

You would like to borrow it? It is one of my spares. @crimsondonkey

Not heard the new integrated’s, I have owned a few Perreaux things and they are always good.

Sure. I’ll supply the tools, lol

I’ve voted and I’m not even going.

4 Likes

Me too.

4 Likes

No you haven’t but I think you should and if you don’t mind a bit of lobbying; don’t vote for anything that has drivers the size of a gnat’s eyeball that needs a 2KW amp to drive them. :+1::grin:

2 Likes

That is what I voted for. I will not stand for this voter surpression and gerrymandering.

Hey, isn’t playing vinyl through digital like going to a brothel and having a nice kiss?

2 Likes

Some of us can’t tell tell the difference between a nice kiss and a three way with brass of expensive vintage.

2 Likes

I’m going and I’ve not voted, so that’ll make up for it. I am however prepared to sell my vote for the ‘sweet spot’ seat near the fire pit.

VB

Don’t forget the TV for the World Cup. :grinning:

Ooh yes please :pray:

Could you bring it down to Lopwell?