3 Northern Monkeys head to Big Town

there are a couple of pubs that become pleasant to drink in on a Saturday. Can be hard to find a restaurant on a Saturday, although the is a lovely fish restaurant on the top floor of South Place Hotel (between Moregate and Liverpool Street).

The Montcalm on Finsbury Sq can be nice, has a micro brewery. Full of twats on the rooftop bar.

1 Like

loads in Kings X. We were there last weekend.

1 Like

Thanks for all the replies :+1::+1::+1:
I thought KX was a bit of a shithoke - I guess time have changed?

Yes!

https://www.coaldropsyard.com/

Although some parts of Kings Cross are still a bit grotty.

1 Like

Wherever you stay and Kings Cross is a good suggestion have a look at The Pop in Brixton - it’s a bunch of containers repurposed with pop up bars and eateries run by aspiring restauranteurs. There is lots of choice and the joint is usually jumping. I live a couple of miles away and friends from out of London who I’ve taken there have loved it. There are also a couple of local covered arcades with a wide choice of eateries.

1 Like

I spent a few weeks on and off staying at the Thistle Euston. I ate on that street most nights.

2 Likes

where? Granary Sq? Coaldrops Yard?

1 Like

dunno when you were last there, but it is a bit shorter than it used to be due to the HS2 development at Euston. The lovely pub Bree Louise, near there is long gone sadly

1 Like

At least 5 years since I was there.

1 Like

That was a great pub. Went there at least twice, which considering how rarely I get to London was quite a lot. Their haggis pie was delicious.

2 Likes

Shoreditch would be my choice. Hang out with the hipsters. Lots of great pubs and amazing food. Always a buz.

4 Likes

I tend to stay at the Premier Inn London City (Old Street) when I go into London. It’s close to Shoreditch and easy to get to/from Euston for the train.

Citizen M Hotel is not bad, right next to Tower Bridge.
Definitely try to get to Spiritland at King’s Cross, they have a place at Royal Festival Hall now, which I have not yet checked out.

I’d looked at that on a previous trip, and would have gone for it were it not for the lack of triple rooms

1 Like

for three just need a K.Size surely?

It doesn’t bother me in the least bit, but the two others are utterly convinced that sharing a bed with another man is quite unbecoming and nothing but a fast-track to becoming Kevin Spacey

1 Like

Thanks for all the tips and what have ya

We’ve ended up in Whitechapel. (Not one of you suggested Whitechapel, I know, but thanks anyway)

Close to Shoreditch, Brick Lane and - imp now that I’m traveling with Ryanshit to Stansted - Liverpool Street

3 Likes

East london

DB646DE9-A66C-40DF-AD6D-372D3712E187

2 Likes

Good food around there too. Tayabs on Fieldgate Street is my favouite curry house. Pakistani Punjabi food, known for their grills but everything is good.

http://www.tayyabs.co.uk/

2 Likes

Now that’s the True Meatman Spirit :ok_hand:

2 Likes