3 Northern Monkeys head to Big Town

Brick Lane was always the best place for doc martens in the 70s… Not sure that info helps anyone. :+1:

2 Likes

Rough Trade East on Brick Lane is always worth a visit if your wallet needs to be unburdened of its contents.

2 Likes

I saw “Whitechapel” and started scrolling down to say the same thing. Plus one for Tayyabs.

Although on reflection the last time I ate there was a Christmas do and I ended up in A&E a couple of days later.

While it wasn’t actually their fault I’m pretty certain that the large amount of curry was the straw that broke the camel’s back.

1 Like

Mosdef the curry

2 Likes

Haha, they do a chana/coriander/pomegranate salad thing there that will definitely do that to your nose, in fact its so hot, it makes your ears ache just looking at it! :fire::eyes:

1 Like

Whitechapel. Is that where sillicon roundabout is located?

No, that’s Old St/Shoreditch.

1 Like

Silicone roundabout?

My attention has been awakened

1 Like

Not been since CV but not bad for Argie grass fed steer… Middlesex Street E1 7EX

2 Likes

I should.have known that I worked there.:joy:

1 Like

Nice!

I lived in Whitechapel for 5 years but any mention of Brick Lane here gets the London snobs heckles up.

Cat and Mutton and the hand of glory in hackney are great pubs.

Haven’t been in years but Rainbow or Browns used to be a wonderfully sleazy way to finish the night off close to home as it’s open till 3 or 4am :slight_smile:

And of course the Blind Beggar is worth a trip and it’s not actually that bad a pub.

2 Likes

Thanks for all the shout outs.

Tayabs was bloody lovely and we tried far too many boozers to mention

Milroys Of Spitalfields deserves a special mention for giving the mother of all three-for-the-road whisky hangovers

3 Likes

I’ve had a few meatmen over at Sushinoen in Whitechapel. It’s decent. We were quite drunk.

Red Dog isn’t too much of a walk away, either.

2 Likes

The ramen at Sushinoen is to fucking die for…:yum::yum::yum:

1 Like