3rd South West Weekender 14th-16th June Dartmoor

Powder Mills Bunkhouse. Postbridge. Dartmoor.

We have established that we could have the use of this facility for the weekend of 14th 15th & 16th June. @stu and I went and had a look at it & were shown around by the guy that manages activities there.

It sleeps 26 spread among 4 rooms upstairs, has a main living area about 25 maybe 30 ft long & 13 ft wide, a fully equipped kitchen, has plenty of parking and a yard with a covered seating area & various places that BBQ’s could be set up as well as a place to set a fire if we choose to. It’s a similar construction to Lopwell with thick granite walls & we’d be unlikely to disturb anyone too much.

Stu took some photos.

[image
33E84C3B-69B5-4B28-866F-5373E44A9AE1.jpeg3024×4032 3.71 MB

](https://audioabattoir.s3.dualstack.eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/original/3X/f/2/f2c79fcc2d4c5d343a894d640f59bc940b79eae7.jpeg)

The price if 20 people were to attend would be £26 each. A few more attendees would bring that down a little.

There are various nice walks & pubs nearby if people would prefer to stay in those.

The Two Bridges Hotel, East Dart Hotel & the Warren House Inn are all within 5-10 minutes drive if anyone would prefer that.

So far we have

murrayjohnson
stu
Stepmotheratomicbomb
Ruprecht
coco
Valvebloke
Kevin
crimsondonkey
octh
Adpully
Jim
OzzyOzzyOzzyOiOiOi
pmac
rmsshipbroker
AmDismal
J_B ?
htm_1968 ?
Wayward
browellm
BobC
Edd
Lebowski
Penance (possibly)
Spider
Catcando
Myrman
Spenagio
Hoops on Toast
interested.

If you’d like to come, get your name added to this list.

9 Likes

6 Likes

Yes please if there is space

1 Like

Yes, please.

Yes please

I will be attending, but sleeping in the car :+1:

I’d love to pop in, but would also kip in my van or at home, as it’s just down the road from me. Lovely spot. I drive past there all the time, but have never actually been in. There’s an epic tor walk up behind there. Sod’s law, I always tend to have stuff on at that time of year, but fingers crossed…

I’m going to say a tentative yes. May end up sleeping in the LC or hedge.

Did the Guides get here first - can’t see any paddles!

2 Likes

It was the Brownies who turned Guy over. By the time they get into the Guides they’ll be training for their money-laundering and VAT fraud badges.

VB

3 Likes

They were a rough bunch. You wouldn’t mess with them.

6 Likes

I confirmed the booking today. We can arrive from 3pm.
There will be wood to burn.

4 Likes

The extreme wing called “The brownie ultras”have the monopoly on oars in the south west. Don’t cross them

2 Likes

Will the A30 be clear by then ?

VB

1 Like

Maybe not at Bodmin.

I did get come via Bodmin around 12 years ago when it was awful snow helicopters were out and cars abandoned everywhere. I managed to drive through it and made it back to Plymouth

One word. Astra mk3

4 Likes

No it isn’t, it’s two

3 Likes

They got requisitioned by Downing Street

1 Like

Can I be added to the list please, as long as there is no form of initiation involved?

haha…if we told you about it beforehand, it wouldn’t be an initiation would it? :wink:

2 Likes

Capes, pork pies and limoncello may be involved.:smiling_imp: