55 inch 4K Television

potatoes

:face_with_monocle:

Given the supply side issues and the late arrival of the X Series (and rivals), it might not be however. There’s some comments from sources that tend to know these things that in many cases, there won’t be a 2021 model range, with the late running 2020 models doing a year and a half in store. If this is the case, the one thing that won’t happen is having the stuffing knocked out of the range value this early in the cycle.

1 Like

The UK will have gone from the gold standard to the potato standard in 90 years

2 Likes

We have been considering the various Panasonic TX-55HZ (2020) OLED’s from John Lewis and have been dithering over the size so useful to bear in mind.

please dont post a pic of that

1 Like

Go big or go home. Get the biggest you can. You won’t regret it. Thank god we didn’t buy a 55". We are sat 3.5m from the screen.

2 Likes

It is tempting hmmmmm.

Going on this stand.

is that for sale?

Yes, deffo. Most folk who don’t know will say things like “you’re sitting too close” or “that tv is too big for this room” but the recommended distances for 4k is 5-8 feet for a 55" and 7-10 feet for a 65".

2 Likes

Queue “42” 4K TV is too big for a Norfolk garage" joke.

I wouldn’t be so mean. :smile:

PLMbojd8Gy

8 Likes

I never get tired of that gif :grinning:

1 Like

Cue

2 Likes

Arse, that is what I had then changed it.

1 Like

Ah, that’s good to know. thanks: the 55CX just took a 13% price drop over here yesterday (though not in the UK) so I’ll keep a watchful eye on how it goes

Just arrived today - Philips 65OLED805. Still experimenting with set up, but very impressed. Fantastic depth and images just pop off the screen :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

13 Likes

Very nice, turn off the horrible motion processing and the vivid picture modes and it’s very close to REC709/DCIP3 out of the box.

2 Likes

Saturation is a bit high :woozy_face:

1 Like

It’s worth getting the 4k Netflix imo. I upgraded our broadband too, which seemed to make the picture better when streaming (brighter colours).