AA Train thread

This is potentially a decent thread. I hope it doesn’t turn to shit.

4 Likes

Definitely my favourite form of transport

4 Likes

This is fucking bonkers. Never heard of it before watching a Jago Hazzard vid. (thanks @dom )

1 Like

Was lucky enough to see it a few years ago at the bluebell railway and then have dinner onboard in a Pullman carriage.

6 Likes

Earliest train memories were of rolling stock similar to these. The varnished wood; cream ceilings; Trojan moquette all bathed in the glow of Tungsten 'bulbs… Lovely. Amd the (once) familiar sound of the Traction Motors…

1 Like

If I get round any stream train model makers houses to buy a lathe,I’ll take some pictures.
Some are truly stunning

2 Likes

If I ever get to retire my plan is to spend my time building a decent model railway set-up, buildings, landscape and all.

1 Like

This was a good train, went pretty quickly between Tokyo and Osaka.

14 Likes

TALGO prototype 1942

Dunno, but I blame @coco

Soviet Jet train (Can’t help thinking Homer designed this)

Orient express car

5 Likes

At some point, a Pullman EMU will be back on the rails. Much delayed though…

http://brightonbelle.com/

This is FUCKING AWESOME !!! :sunglasses::+1:

I remember being fascinated with this as a kid

Union Pacific - Big Boy
4-8-8-4

3 Likes
4 Likes

Love the 30’s - 40’s era locomotives.
Canadian National/ Grand Trunk Western 6400 series . . .

6 Likes

I cannot stray far from buses. And one was posted up thread… So here is a Pacer. Pure Leyland National bus Bodywork (without altered Roofsticks to increase width)…
Imgur

I was thinking more the scale of on boards in a loft / garage.

These units share the same basic body structure as the Pacer. I’ve travelled on one.was an odd experience. Load of recognisable Leyland National bus parts. On a full width train. Was an amazing technical achievement. Sadly it didn’t save Leyland Bus.

A friend and former colleague of mine built this in his garden. Steam powered.

4 Likes

I would have been a rubbish Hobo but I feel oddly drawn to the idea.

2 Likes

I saw it and had a ride behind it at Swanage maybe 25 years ago. It was tremendous and for some reason in an all black livery at the time. LMS rather than LNER maybe? Can’t recall.

2 Likes