AAAC 8th October Billie Eilish - When we all fall asleep, where do we go?

I like this, and I like the EP too. My girls also like it so, based on that alone…COUGH…I have ordered both.

3.67/5 based on our house poll.

2 Likes

I really like it, I’ve played it way too much though.

2 Likes

It was unlikely that I was going to like this, but…

She could have, at the very least, got a singer in.

2 Likes

My daughter has this record. I was very relieved when she came home with some of the Stereolab reissues. They are pop this is pap.

1 Like

U R Rong.

The end.

1 Like

U too

1 Like

Fortunately for her and her record company a gazillion people did.

Mrs VB doesn’t like fresh cream. She’s wrong too.

VB

Ahhh, the oft overused “popularity is a measure of quality”.

Meh!/5

Yeah, but 40 years ago Prog was a tiny bit popular. It was still shit.

But nobody claimed that it was good because lots of people liked it.

It wasn’t good. The music was shite compared to classical and the songwriting was shite compared to everything.

1 Like

You don’t like Prog. I get that. It doesn’t change my opinion one iota.
I don’t like fake angst and shit singing. Get over it.

You should open your mind just a teeny bit. There is nothing to lose and a lot to gain. :grinning:

1 Like

It’s a measure of some sort of quality or other. As I said before, speaking personally I’m not a huge fan of this album. But I wouldn’t claim to be an arbiter of quality in any absolute sense. If we try to distance ourselves from the subjective nature of art we end up arguing that this is a poor quality picture of a church

VB

1 Like

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: Oh, the irony.

1 Like

I don’t like something and all of a sudden I’ve laid a turd at the feet of their sainted grandmother.

I am well aware that my taste is different from most on here, and I’m content with that.

If you don’t want opinions that differ from yours…

1 Like

Hey, I take a long term view. My music collection ranges from plainsong (around 900 AD) to last week. the early 70’s were a real low point, sorry.

I’m not going to get into a willy waving contest here.
My collection is diverse in it’s extreme. One small part of it is Prog.
There are very few styles that I cannot listen to (those I have stated more than once). There are artists within all but one of those genre that I like and listen to. There are always exceptions.
This falls outside of the “cannot listen to” genres, but I don’t like it.

1 Like

Why would anyone care about what music other people like?

To me, that’s very strange.

2 Likes

That’s fair. I struggle to listen to jazz. It’s probably a failing in me, but it’s too unstructured and I just don’t get it. Angst is OK, though. I get angst. And Billie does it quite well.