Actual photography

Ha ha! The odd lucky shot is all I get :wink:

Yeah luck :grinning:

1 Like

Kind of is; walk around a lot in roughly the right places and every so often something like this happens in front of you….(from a few years back) - heart stopping moments - and you just need to make sure you know your camera and hope to god you have it on the right settings.

Imgur

17 Likes

Interesting wee sort film about John Maher.

1 Like

Imgur

19 Likes

Definite air of foreboding about that one!

1 Like

ALL the atmosphere

1 Like

Is that a sheep up by the fence?

Yes, well spotted, title is Ewe Gave Her Back To Me.

1 Like

I had a walk down Church Street last week, I got the impression from The Athenaeum building being there that the area had fallen on hard times. Sad to see so many places boarded up.

1 Like

Yeah, it was once the hub of the town centre but those days are long gone.

The building of the shopping centre in the '70s was the start of the end, when a lot of the better shops in Lynn St and Church St migrated there. Those that stayed lost so much trade that they inevitably closed.

Many of the pubs survived for a good while afterwards but one by one they too disappeared. Always a challenging place to drink and you had to have your wits about you but there was a great atmosphere and it was full of characters.

:frowning_face:

1 Like

1 Like

Bardsea

7 Likes

Quite pleased to get a reasonable shot of the new moon a couple of evenings ago with my 11 year old compact -

9 Likes

Imgur

8 Likes

Wander round Greenwich today (Nat Maritime Museum highly recommended BTW)

Imgur

10 Likes

These are a couple of photo from my phone taken last night, other than resizing down to 800 for forum reasons, they’re as shot. I’m amazed that a phone camera can do this, I wasn’t even trying to hold it still.
Perhaps I’m wrong to be impressed, but you can all look at them regardless.

9 Likes

4 Likes

3 Likes

Looking out over the village

7 Likes