Actual photography

9 Likes

Redcliffe bascule bridge (Bristol) open for repairs. They are replacing the main bearings, apparently.

4 Likes

Beautiful day for walking . . .

11 Likes

A far cry from this view of the area I’d guess circa 1910

Painting was my fathers, he was originally from Bristol, now hangs in my listening room.

16 Likes

Lovely painting

1 Like

7 Likes

Had a fucking wonderful weekend in Frome. I may have had a a few ciders by the time these images were taken.

We felt the autumn colours were fucking pretty !:star_struck:

2 Likes

The walk to work (well the first bit).

6 Likes

HMS Useless in the distance.

13 Likes

A weekend of what ifs

What if there wasn’t a bank of cloud that didn’t shift and gave 5 metre visbility on Mam Tor on Friday night

What if I’d remembered to check for rain drops on the lens on Saturday morning on Mam Tor

What if I had been able to take this shot at Chrome Hill with industrial-strength lens flare (bloke next to me to an absolute zinger with an iPhone 13 Pro)

FML

8 Likes

Nowt wrong with a good lens flare :ok_hand:

Last two are great - stop hanging-out on photography* forums, only expensive misery lies ahead.

(* = ALL hobby forums)

Perhaps you’re right, but I’d planned on these for a while and so it’s a pisser when Mr iPhone 13 pro comes alongside you and shoots this

10 Likes

I’d guess the iPhone processes the image a lot - not just colour saturation, sharpness, contrast, &c - I believe they can spot meter different areas and adjust them pixel-by pixel for the best overall look. Rather artificial, but impressive.

Love a bit of lens flare m’self…

1 Like

Glorious this morning

Eldest took this a couple of nights ago

22 Likes

Quick dog walk

15 Likes

Richmond Park
Imgur

26 Likes

That’s a beauty sir!

1 Like