Actual photography

New York is a dangerous, filthy, amazing, spectacular, expensive, diverse, tasty, over priced, under rated, never boring place you really have to visit while you are fit enough to walk 20km a day to really a see it.

And thanks. I’ll post a couple more of the good ones later.

5 Likes

Better than London?

1 Like

No. Different.

More spectacular.

1 Like

I have a mate who worked in NY for a few years. He had a tiny flat that cost a fortune, and like everyone else had a spotter scope for checking out nearby nudes.

Not always necessary.

My first time in NYC was on a day-trip in 1983. I took the bus from a friend’s place in Manchester CT (I was over for his wedding). Since I had little time I took a city bus tour when I got there for some orientation and a chance to see sights I didn’t have time to walk to.

As we swung right at some major intersection in one of the glitzier parts of Manhattan I happened to glance up at a huge second or third floor window opposite, obviously of a hyper-expensive apartment. The owner - a tubby, maybe 50-something guy smoking a cigar, was standing in his window butt-naked, puffing away and lording it over the (yes, I know) hoi polloi on the street below.

The woman in the seat next to me rolled her eyes and said “Uh, New York !”.

2 Likes

Couple from today.

6 Likes

13 Likes

2 Likes

Lovely shot from yesterday by Phoenix,Airimages on Flickr. The first Cumbrian Mountain Express of the Winter season.

The cold long drag ..

10 Likes

6 Likes

Been to NY five times for work now and I love the place. Had some interesting times there, ended up drinking in a local bar at 3 in the morning when they suddenly locked the doors and went outside to have a street fight with the bar down the road. Popped into a small bar near central park to find a very drunk Cat Power doing a gig. Out walking after a meal and we bumped into Adam Sandler and Don Cheadle filming a scene for ‘Reign over me’ One of the guys at work was Ukranian so he got us into the upstairs part of the Russian tea rooms where 3 of us drank 2 litres of grey goose and my colleague later fell asleep in the Marriot view bar.

8 Likes

10 Likes

Oh yes very familiar.

1 Like

5 Likes

Umm, giant inflatable earth, part of the “Winter Lights” thing at the Wharf this evening.

I worked in the building behind it for a couple of months.

3 Likes

Borg cube :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Love an old shop front.
Nottingham
At one time this used to be the entrance to a cinema that shut down in the mid 50’s. Now awaiting demolition by Notts council probably.

9 Likes
2 Likes

Taken on this afternoon’s post-covid dog walk

16 Likes

Incompetance. Oil on concrete.

3 Likes