Actual photography

Imgur

11 Likes

Spent years on trains passing this view before moving away. It’s always a shock to see that the Natwest Tower no longer dominates the skyline

1 Like

New Street Signal Box - Birmingham

12 Likes

New toys

11 Likes

This frog has lived on my parent’s front door for the last 3 years.

7 Likes

Is he pinin’ for the fjords?

1 Like

No, it’s not Norwegian, or blue. :thinking:

1 Like

Guard frog?

https://twitter.com/PastorAlexLove/status/1631269899610861569?s=20

3 Likes

Greenland ice flows taken yesterday on way back from Tokyo. Japan-Europe flights are routing over the north pacific and the artic at the moment. Vice-versa they are going out over Turkey and the various Stans, Mongolia and China. Didn’t take many photos but one of the most stunning sights I have seen, so lucky it was completely clear.

19 Likes

It’s an incredible sight, flew over years ago in the days before phone cameras at sunset, the whole lot was reflected purple, just awesome

2 Likes

I remember flying over Greenland once (circa 2001, LHR to SEA). Amazing sight.

1 Like

Were they available at other times of the day?

not in the 90s

Imgur

25 Likes

Magnificent. Story, please.

This is an old incline system in the woods, and a fave walk with the dog. I had a new wide angle lens I was trying out for the first time, and I thought the old winding sheds might get a new impetus from its possibilities.

As we came along the level to it, there was some noise, and following the sound looked through the little doorway you can see on the left. This is a now roofless room, and off it there is a coal hole, still roofed but only four feet square or so. The goat on the left had another goat trapped in the hole, attacking it every time it stuck its head out. Then a young goat, half the size of these and with no horns ran out of the coal hole then ran back in.

I went round to the left of this building, to where there was a vantagte point to look in and maybe get some shots. After about ten minutes they all came out, now three adults with big horns and the kid, the kid running off to hide and the other three scrapping amongst them selves. I realised the shot I wanted to take, with the rails pointing at the drumhouse might, if I was lucky get some added interest. Positioned myself, waited and was lucky.

They really bang heads - the one on the left, who seemed to have anger management issues, actually had a bald and bleeding area on his scalp the size of a paperback book. The dog was very worried by it all and was whining like a wuss, but the goats took no notice.

12 Likes

Thanks, like any good picture it tells its own story, but the OCD in me wanted to fill-in the where and when and what. Lovely work, very evocative.

2 Likes

Should be winning some or other nature photography competition. Extraordinary.

6 Likes

Agreed. Brilliant photograph.

Lomo LCA . Kodak elite chrome Cross processed.

6 Likes