Actual photography

Anytime the River Tweed is mentioned I always think of Dick Gaughan

2 Likes

Taken yesterday by my daughter. She was chuffed as she and her mate were the only two of their group who didn’t require 1/ a horse 2/ oxygen in order to get there. 5200m up in the Andes!

It became an attraction less than ten years ago when the permanent ice cover melted :slightly_frowning_face:

23 Likes

Wow :open_mouth: Otherworldly.

1 Like

FoL2 went a few years ago. When I first saw pictures of it I could barely believe it was a real place.

1 Like

Having 3-hrs between baby naps really concentrates the day into handy timeslots!

Actually took some photos, just around the garden as the sun was out and having a play with my new lens, the Pentax D-FA* 50mm f1.4. My trusty FA 43mm Limited decided the best time to break was at the hospital when trying to take the first photos of our newborn, great timing. Surfing the web in the hospital I thought fuck it and bought a nice used example from SRS and arrived a couple of days later!

Sharp as a sharp thing even when wide open (focus and wind permitting):

And the Pentax * lenses together (FA24mm f2, D-FA50mm f1.4 & DA*300mm f4)

And doing it properly with the DA*300

10 Likes

A lot more Common Blue around this year

Don’t remember seeing one of these before

12 Likes

A grasshopper wandering around my window

11 Likes

Nice pic. It looks like a bush cricket. We have had more of them this year than ever before.

1 Like

First one here that I have noticed tbh.

5 Likes

Dragonflies non Latin names are great, often quite literal, so lots of these ‘Red Veined Darters’ flying around today in a baking hot Northern Spain

19 Likes

Amazing looking beastie :heart_eyes:

1 Like

They’re really good from afar but otherworldly up close…

1 Like

Snaps from the riverside just now -

14 Likes

My resident rabbits have been busy again, a new batch of youngsters have appeared.

Imgur

10 Likes

Saves feeding the dogs.

Eastbourne Airshow yesterday.

7 Likes

They used to chase them (and catch them in Hildur’s case) when the population was huge. They hardly give them a second look now.

2 Likes

The Addington a couple of weeks ago.

14 Likes

“Camelot” taken at the Bluebell Line Railway last night while I waited for the Flying Scotsman to come by.

Flying Scotsman

11 Likes