Actual photography

Lo fi mini Polaroid shot of FoL and my best friend of almost forever in the kitchen last night.

12 Likes

Bodiam Castle.

Bodiam Castle, East Sussex. by Rick Francis, on Flickr

20 Likes

IMG_6285

3 Likes

Bodiam Castle has a moat and a gravel path around it. While I was there I’d occasionally hear peoples footsteps on the gravel, then see them about 5-10 seconds later as they approached . This was after 7pm when the castle is closed, but a few people can still walk around it. At 7.45pm I was taking one more shoot at the southeast corner before planning to move around to the front of the castle. I could hear footsteps on the gravel so knew someone was approaching just out of view to my right. I could now hear what sounded like a young woman’s voice so I expected to probably see a couple of people as I walked around the corner. When I went around the corner there was no one there, I could see 80 yards ahead of me and also a lot of the area around the castle, but no one was there. I stopped and listened and could still hear the footsteps ahead of me, they sounded about 40 feet away. I set off again then paused once more about 10 seconds later, but the footsteps had ceased! Still no one to be seen anywhere!

7 Likes

Sounds spooky, hope you called.

1 Like

A bit more research required.
See if you can find any instances of people reporting a ghost with a gravely voice

2 Likes

I have an envy.

I walk the dogs at midnight, and our most frequent route takes us past a bungalow where a bloke hanged himself (during a bakeoff, albeit not at a bakeoff!), and the site of two recent fatal crashes, then through a quiet, bit of woodland, most of the route is unlit unless the moon’s out - and not a damn thing, ever - nothing remotely spooookehhh!

Mind, last night Tara-dog did that greet-an-invisible-person thing that dogs and cats love to do to freak us out. She stopped in front of our friend’s house, looked-up to face height and wagged enthusiastically into an empty patch of night. Steve died in 2019 and would have loved her, and she him, as he was a proper ‘dog-whisperer’ and a lovely bloke. Nice to imagine what she was seeing, daft as it is.

9 Likes

Nice shot: used to play there many moons ago, when it was I believe the last ‘black-ball’ club in the UK (I wasn’t a member I hasten to add). Lovely course back then.

1 Like

Supermoon (best I can do with a 300mm lens… on a mostly cloudy night)

Edit, its cleared up a tad

17 Likes

Rose in the Rain

9 Likes

Thanks. It’s a favourite of mine. They’ve removed about 2000 trees and replanted a lot of the original heather to take it back to its Abercrombie glory days.

1 Like

Yes an Oasis in South London

1 Like

For some reason that photo keeps making me think of this album cover . . .

IMG_6301

1992 Ephesus…

11 Likes

First day last day at the beach

5 Likes

Lunchtime view from Temple Quay steps

6 Likes

Shitty phone pic of Aberdeen from the ferry. Always surprised at how close it is to the city centre

11 Likes

22 Likes

Trying my hand at some astro at Beachy Head

36 Likes

Bloody good first efforts.:+1:

I was looking up at the stars on my very early hours dog walk thinking what a great night it was for astrophotography - wish I’d felt well enough to throw my camera gear in the car and found some nice dark skies.

Gonna be another great night for it tonight according to forecast.

3 Likes