Actual photography

First holiday (and 16hr drive/channel tunnel which she was lovely with considering!)

2 Likes

In Barmouth today, mid Wales which frankly is a bit shit…

… doubling down on incorrect spell then letting the ‘c’ dangle, :ok_hand:t2:

6 Likes

Seems rather witty given the meaning of the word when it’s spelled thusly :ok_hand:

3 Likes

Only just spotted the child got me.

3 Likes

It got a bit foggy up top

Shit android phone

10 Likes

Wet wet wet. In mid Wales

Imgur

18 Likes

Looks like temperate rain forest :+1:

2 Likes

I suppose the conditions in these Welsh hills are not dissimilar - thickly wooded, damp and humid - ideal for moss, lichen etc. The colours are pretty intense everywhere.

There’s a map showing where they all are. They require a certain range of temperature and a certain amount of annual rainfall. Most of them are either in the SW, NW or West Wales. There’s quite a bit down here and it’s easy to take it for granted.

https://map.lostrainforestsofbritain.org/

2 Likes

Could be worth investing in a UV torch to see some of this

2 Likes

A friend is currently having treatment for cancer. After a fairly recent chat she said she liked my simple, more timeless photos, so I promised I’d try and take one for her.
This is Ditchling Becon dew pond, on the South Downs. I knew it would be foggy at 7am, but the rain was predicted to stop. It didn’t. I got soaked and muddy and now have a sore back after my trip up and down the beacon!

Imgur

38 Likes

It may be a shit phone, but it’s captured 2 great images. :ok_hand:

Sometimes, made-up rules (of thirds, particularly) are absolute bollocks and made to be broken - spectacularly in this case. :+1::heart_eyes:

Edit: apart from the tree😉

1 Like

Thank you Simon. :slight_smile:

Fantastic pic Rick, should think your friend will love it

1 Like

Processed from RAW of the Bouquetin, very happy considering its a phone and heavily cropped!

Bouquetin by Robert Seymour, on Flickr

5 Likes

Thanks Dan, she did say she liked it (phew!).

1 Like

Up in the Alps, saw a strange cloud formation with the bottom of clouds being completely straight and flat

13 Likes

Nice - and avoids you having to mess around with the straightening tool in Photoshop :wink:

2 Likes

Phone snap from bedroom window a couple of mins ago. Straight take no edit.

8 Likes