Actual photography

I thought for a moment they were Fiddlers Ferry, (given the proximity of them to Manchester) but the alignment looked off, and the FF towers don’t have that lip around the top. If it had been FF I’d have been trying to cadge a print, cos I grew up in the shadow of them.

Congratulations on the cover shot!

1 Like

Must be a great feeling to see your work used like that Matt - congratulations.

1 Like

Yeah. First time I’ve ever submitted anything. I’ve got a fridge full of ood film so it’s inspired me to go out and experiment.

5 Likes

I didn’t submit this (other than to the records committee) but was delighted to get a request to use my pic of the Black-winged Pratincole on the forthcoming 2021 annual bird report.

This is just a proof copy, the report is still at the editing stage.

26 Likes

Excellent news Paul.

1 Like

Always fun to get something in print! Nice one!

1 Like

Another Forest Ride! by Rick Francis, on Flickr

13 Likes

Mmm, leafy tunnels…

Fat man + fuckwit dog -

20 Likes

Cracking pic

1 Like

2 Likes

Imgur

10 Likes

I guess one of @BobC workshops or a old sawmill.

2 Likes

Slate saws

1 Like

Must have had so much work they couldn’t afford the time to put some on their own roof. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Excellent Paul superb shot

So, I can’t imagine you’re competing with thousands :wink: get it right and you could be the rare bird photographer of the late 2020’s…

Cracking shot; the comp and mono treatment is spot on. Take it as a vote of confidence and do more.

1 Like

No, but there are several professional photographers here that will be a tad miffed that they’re not using one of their pics of the same bird.

The way it works is that they choose the bird to feature on the front first and then the image to use second.

2 Likes

Yes fun to knock the incumbents out (I’m quite, maybe very competitive…:grin:)

9 Likes

Ten years ago it had quite a bit of roof, but fifteen hundred feet up on the mountainside opposite Snowdon is a tough environment.

1 Like