Actual photography

Yeah, I think you’ll struggle if it wobbles.

The Skyguider has a counterweight on the declination bracket for heavy lenses. It just about balances my Sony 200-600.

For light lenses, you can just mount directly, but it covers the polar scope so you can’t check alignment after mounting the camera.

For the 20mm, I might just not use the tracker as you can get away with 15s or so.

1 Like

Very impressive, did you design this from scratch or are there some plans on the internet to follow?

1 Like

The idea of a curved threaded rod was someone else’s idea and generally the web design uses gears - I decided to try a toothed belt and a chinese DC motor and gate hinge.
I have since found another guy used the same motor and several used gate hinges. For motor voltage adjustment originally, I was planning on using a raspberry pi pico but then I stumbled on a usb thing called a “buck boost voltage adjuster” which is plug and play so eliminated some faff as I can use my phone battery bank.

3 Likes

Phone shot from weekend run

6 Likes

Wacky. Looks like one of those abandoned cities nobody wanted in China!

1 Like

Prime time real estate on what’s colloquially know as Shit Island

The properties are all what seemed like good ideas at the time :slight_smile: and include some top-drawer architectural pearls, so they say

https://www.8tallet.dk/

I don’t live there.

1 Like

Checking out this bad boy that was sauntering about the living room

12 Likes

It’s a beaut!

1 Like

Some pair of fangs !

Shelob!

2 Likes

Male Tegenaria (might be T. parietina instead of the more usual T. domestica, looking at quite how long-legged he is) looking for some hot’n’steamy action with a Fat Lady -

The males are more lightly-built and leggy because they literally have to do the leg-work to find the females and mate with them.

5 Likes

FUCK ! OFF !

POST A FUCKING WARNING YOU CUNTS !!!

8 Likes

Ungoliant, more like.

1 Like

4 Likes

P1020016 by Allan Brisbane, on Flickr

An old one from an epic day out on the bike a few years ago

9 Likes

P1020021 by Allan Brisbane, on Flickr

Later on the same bike ride

8 Likes

IMG_6469 by Allan Brisbane, on Flickr

Outside the Tate Modern

4 Likes

Reminded me of this one I took in 2018, seems like a lifetime ago

Imgur

6 Likes

Imgur

5 Likes

Mine was taken just to the right of the wooden shed in your first photograph Ben :+1:

1 Like