Aidas Audio Mammoth Gold mc cartridge

Greedy cunts!

The point I was making was that any dinosaur bone that gets found is a fossilised stone version rather than the bone itself. The bone doesn’t last 60 Million years (as you well know!) Whereas a Mammoth tusk from 10000 years ago might well have been preserved in permafrost mud.

Never so simple - some fossils are steinkerns - basically natural casts in stone of a dissolved body-fossil, but that’s exceptional with bone and teeth; an example would be the mosasaurs and plesiosaurs from the Coober Pedy district preserved in opal. Most fossil bone - even very ancient stuff - is fundamentally the inorganic calcium phosphate matrix laid down by the living animal, plus secondary mineralisation (often multiple and materially-different phases), plus some secondary ionic “drift” of some of the original constituents (e.g. Fe II to Fe III) which alters the appearance much more than it does the actual structure. Occasionally you will get varying degrees of organic material preserved in ancient bone - this is not uncommon in some so-called Lagerstätten, a bucket term for any exceptionally-preserved fossil assemblage, where quite large amounts of unaltered to highly-altered organic constituents can remain, but I’ve even found highly-degraded collagen in Jurassic Megalosaurus bone from bog-ordinary marls - not rocks associated with exceptional preservation at-all. That’s not been published yet (not from that site at least), and I must lean on former colleagues to work on it, cos we’re likely missing a LOT of data from around the World just because people make assumptions without verification (and cos palaeobiologists are nowdays mostly neontologist converts who are fairly terrible at working with multidisciplinary teams from Earth, chem and phys disciplines…).

5 Likes

Please elaborate…

2 Likes

TLDR

1 Like

How d’ya mean? :thinking:

3 Likes

Finally!

Sometimes I miss Cloffo.

It was good to have at least one person about the place who was a worse human being than me… :frowning:

1 Like

6 Likes

Yer da’s a mammoth bodied cartridge.

3 Likes

Yer mam.

9 Likes

That wasn’t Cloffo’s job. Everyone looks upstandingly civilised and humane when Mr Cat Cunt was the point of reference.

2 Likes

Ha! To be fair he was a geordie, so Normal Fer Toon, Like, even if mentally subnormal by any other standard…

1 Like

Why the fuck would you consider being fair to that skid mark? Enough past history…:face_with_monocle:

4 Likes

To be fair… it’s just an empty platitude, a placeholder for banality if you will…

And I’m fairly sure you will… you can’t fucking help yourself.

Don’t forget your stool so you can sit in the sweet spot

6 Likes

Took the words right out of my mouth.

1 Like

This!

1 Like

You two are fucking weird :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

5 Likes

It’s a fair cop, guv

Strange how a thread about mammoths has brought up Cloffo but through different means. Spooky.

He’s was a horrible attention seeking bore mostly but I will admit the mammoth thing was funny.

2 Likes