Albums you should love but hate and other petty music hates

Hate the Smiths
Tried with Kraftwerk but simply never got it
Frank Zappa - really no idea at all
Beach Boys - Stop playing music and fuck off and do some surfing. I even bought the anniversary vinyl with both stereo and mono versions thinking if I played it on vinyl I would get it. I didn’t.

And as a big Metal fan - I don’t really get Iron Maiden, tried so often but I just don’t get it.

1 Like

I didn’t take any offence at that!
It was amusing. I walked someone into it…

Ignore me, that was 83.

It was all a long time ago.

Changed to suit my taste…
*I just remembered that I actually have 1 album by each of these.

1 Like

It wasn’t aimed at that specific post, Steve, that was just the last of a fre.

It was more the general instantly shit on griffo’s opening post.

It’s tiresome.

1 Like

I thought you meant Wayne’s post. As you quoted it.

Gotchya

1 Like

I’ve seen Metallica several times, the last on the Black Album tour. They really were a magnificent live band and probably still are. James Hetfield with that chugging, choked, rapid fire guitar style, honed on the corner of his bed really changed metal and I found him awe inspiring live. He plays so tight whilst banging his head, with an insane level of commitment.

If I listen to them now it’s the first three or four albums…

2 Likes

Radiohead
Stereophonics
Luke Warm Chilli Peppers
Maroon minus 5
Owl City

There’s a lot of shit that grates for me. No idea why.
Album wise, I can’t think of a single thing I have bought and never played after the first go, apart from Hail to the Thief. No idea why I got it on cd. Guess I expected I should get to like them, as everyone else did.

2 Likes

That’s the only Radiohead album I ever bought. Never bought or listened to another one.

1 Like

Not even sure what it’s like. It was so insufferable on first go I can’t face it again.

Might be a grower.

I bought a Bat for Lashes album many moons ago. Didn’t finish it on first listen. Never felt compelled to try it a second time. Thank God for streaming, saves me a bloody fortune.

1 Like

Apologies to the OP, I was genuinely gently pulling his leg about it being originally posted in the music for sale thread. Appreciate it’s difficult to convey intent over a forum post sometimes.

Just cos i is cunt, doesn’t necessarily mean I’m trying to be cunty (all the time).

4 Likes

Don’t worry about it, I genuinely didn’t realise that I had posted it there, so my mistake and fully allowed to mock me for it, considering what I had written

2 Likes

I tried.

3 Likes

This.

2 Likes

That’s a brilliant record by anyone’s measure. The gathering darkness around the hippie dream…

9 Likes

And I bet you have measured all of it…

Haven’t you Sir.

Suits you, Sir.

Oh boy… Has @Jim hijacked your account?! :joy:

4 Likes

Except for mine and @Pan’s it would seem.

Paul McCartney just grates.

1 Like