Albums you should love but hate and other petty music hates

I’ve yet to find a metal LP that I don’t find ludicrous. My personal bete noir are The Manic Street Preachers, eminent purveyors of turgid wank.

6 Likes

Metal is obviously ludicrous but can be great fun if you go with. :+1:

1 Like

Yep, agreed.

These are bands. hth.

1 Like

Yeah. And all their albums are, thus, shit.

So I was just going large.

I love Ok Computer.

2 Likes

My least favourite Radiohead record. Try In Rainbows, you never know …

2 Likes

One of my favourite music tracks is Highway Star by Deep Purple on their Made In Japan album. The Album itself is one of my favourite live recordings.:heart_eyes:

7 Likes

A man of exquisite taste :+1:

3 Likes

Shush.com

Any Album by Yes

You can throw in Whole Lotta Rosie by AC/DC on the Blood if you want album. Fantastic.

NO.

Two people have clicked on that so far
:joy:

Good for you Dave. Deep Purple are probably nearly top of the pile when it comes to ludicrous IMO. I simply can’t listen to Accra Dacca either. Anything with a hint of ‘rawk’ or pensioners dressed up as schoolboys is ridiculous. YMMV and good luck to you if so.

FWIW I am partial to the odd bit of Yes. I own an early pressing of Tales from Topographic Oceans or whatever it is called.

Dire Straits, Elton John, Phil Collins, Queen and Sting can all be fed through a mincer and sold off for pet food as far as I am concerned.

3 Likes

If you don’t like metal (you’re rong of course) have you tried the doom / “post-metal” sub-genres? Slow, usually with no vocals and little melody.

Bongripper, Pelican, Sunn O)))

Just suggestions. Although I’m sure you have plenty of stuff to listen to without needing any more suggestions.

Antics by Interpol is always in the lists of classics, and I have absolutely no idea why. Pointless posturing drek.

2 Likes

Pink Floyd. Any album including DSOTM.

No matter how many times I revisit, I don’t get engaged beyond 1-2 tracks. Almost feel a sense of guilt. I admire their craft, watch the classic album programmes. Then listen to Stevie.

It follows that Radiohead are the same to me.

Oh Jesus, forgot Coldplay. Any album. They have to resort to looking like they have just been playing paintball to provide any kind of visual appeal on stage.

2 Likes

Yep, anything by Radiohead and Dire Straits, here, too.

I’ve never owned and, I don’t think, played an entire side of any of eithers records.

I want to love but can’t:

Petty hates:
Any record that has the “Ahh Yeah” sample in it. Any record with the words ‘Baby’ followed by 'crazy" or “maybe”.

Specific band member hated:

3 Likes