All the Football (Part 1)

Anyone brave enough to bet against City lifting the Premiership title ?

I think nerves have played a huge part in the last few games which, given how young and inexperienced a lot the team are, is understandable.

2 Likes

Not now.

If they beat WHU on Sunday they could even lose their last game and still probably win it.

To be fair to them they played some incredible football tonight, they could have had 10 and it wouldn’t have flattered them. Sterling should have scored a hat trick and de Bruyne might have scored 6.

3 Likes

Totally. I think that’s where CalMac has really grown into the armband. He’s dragged the team out of a few sticky situations. Not by shouting and giving the bhoys a hard time, but by digging in and leading by example. If the big man gets the money from the board we can be really formidable next season in the league and hopefully get a good run in Europe to boot.

2 Likes

One of the biggest signings this season has been Joe Hart - his experience and leadership on the park has been fundamental to the team this season.

2 Likes

Agreed he’s been brilliant, I think we made a rod for our own backs by letting Gordon go but that’s a different conversation. We’ve won the league, the new forward line has been fantastic, Rogic completely rejuvenated. New signings in general have been inspired and we’ve just won our tenth league title in eleven years. This is how it feels to be Celtic!

2 Likes

I heartily agree with all of the above. It’s been an absolute triumph for big Ange. I can’t wait to see what he can do with a full close season and no pesky CL qualifiers in July. I hope the board ditch the biscuit tin mentality and back him to the hilt.

2 Likes

From ball boy to club captain :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Did you notice the sublime Orla Chennaoui giving less than subtle support for Glasgow’s Green and White on the Eurosport Giro coverage today…

TBF she does dress like someone from the Calton. :wink:

The only time a bird from the Calton would look that good is after 20 pints :grinning:

1 Like

Coutinho to Villa for £20m, something of a bargain there. Liverpool and ex Liverpool certainly worked one on Barca, a good buy, I just hope he doesn’t hit form when at Anfield.

2 Likes

He was also reported to be on something like £450k a week at Barca :scream:

What Villa really need now is a dominating force in midfield who can drive the ball and team up field. And someone to slap Mings and tell him to fucking concentrate!

Just give him his head, make him welcome and I’m sure he will deliver. He doesn’t respond to criticism he loses confidence, a cracking player, Gerrard will know what works with him.

OooooF … Red card

Steve McClaren rumoured to be joining the management team at United, well at least he has an umbrella for rainy Manchester.

He actually did a decent job as assistant manager there but it was about 100 years ago.

“His first half-season was distinguished by United winning the treble, consisting of the Premier League title, FA Cup and UEFA Champions League. He developed the reputation as one of the most tactically astute coaches in the country,[14] using modern methods such as video analysis and sports psychologists.[13] United later won the League titles in 2000 and 2001, thus ensuring they won every title contested while McClaren was at the club”

1 Like
1 Like

Just found out that Snoop Dogg is a big tim. Who knew.

2 Likes