All the Football (Part 1)

If Leicester pull the trigger first, Rodgers would actually be a decent replacement for Gerrard. :grinning:

1 Like

Yep thatā€™s probably the best outcome for Villa. Rodgers seems to do okay for a few seasons as long as he isnā€™t allowed to sign his own players!

1 Like

Tuchel goes.

6 Likes

2 Likes

Probably going to be Poch isnā€™t it.

2 Likes

He might keep them up

1 Like
1 Like

5 Likes

With Tuchel available, will this trigger and early season managerial merry go round?

2 Likes

Hope so! Rock bottom Leics beat Villa on Saturday and Gerrard is sacked straight after the game and Tuchel announced Monday morning :smile:

1 Like

Blimey, Brighton already given permission to Chelsea to speak to Potter

Would be nice to see an English manager getting a go at one of the properly big jobs with a CL team

Lampard again?

FWIW if I was Potter, steer well clear of Chelsea.

2 Likes

So will Tuchel be regarded as a misunderstood tactical genius, a poser or something in between?

A rare enjoyable moment from the past couple of years. Utd actually drawing out a high press, going through it & scoring with all 11 taking part. A sign that ETH may actually be doing some coaching.

2 Likes

Quite a few Villa fans would like Potter to replace Gerrard. Good news is that even if Chelsea do appoint him, heā€™ll probably be available again in a few weeks when Gerrard gets hoiked out.

2 Likes

done a great job at Brighton but thereā€™s a major difference between Villa and Brighton and thatā€™s expectation - both from the fans and owners.

I really like Potter and enjoy him in interviews but donā€™t forget there were plenty of Brighton fans on the phone ins wanting rid of him last season after the start they made.

Iā€™m still not sure about Gerrard. I would like to see him turn it round, but who knows how long you get nowadays.

There we go

Could be exciting times for English managers.

I bet nobody thought Howe (including Howe) would be anything but a stepping stone for Newcastle before they signed a big continental star manager.

We seem to have a strategy of making English appointments throughout the club with Dan Ashworth and Darren Eales coming in above Eddie Howe.

I wonder whether Chelsea will go this route with other appointments also.