All the Football (Part 1)

Still no idea withTuchel
Started out so well with the cl,but just seems a whimper lately

1 Like

I gave him 12 months tops

Napoli v Liverpool. Iā€™m watching this game with a face like a smacked arse, Napoli are very good, unfortunately it isnā€™t Napoli I support.

4 Likes

Any really good side seems to have a lifespan of 3 seasons so to maintain the standard for longer it needs to introduce roughly 3 new players of an appropriate quality each season (and move on 3) such that by the 4th season itā€™s effectively a new team. Iā€™m not sure Klopp has been renewing his line up at that rate & it may be starting to show. City perhaps have been. Ferguson also used to do it quite successfully. Of course they may prove doubters wrong but they may also be shattered and be lacking the required hunger.

1 Like

Regardless of how successful Liverpool were last season, it ended with them just missing out on the league and the Champions league. Mentally thatā€™s got to be difficult to pick yourself up from.

Ferguson seemed to know exactly when to ditch certain players and get the right player to replace them. Maybe after all the money/contract talks it may have been better to have let Salah move on as with Mane? Iā€™m sure Liverpool fans will disagree with me. the other top clubs seemed to make some big changes/spending in the Summer, although who knows what Chelsea are up to at the moment.

3 Likes

Are Liverpool still struggling with injuries?

One or two, but the players last night were capable of a much better performance than they displayed. I donā€™t know whether fatigue, complacency, interest or age is taking its toll at Liverpool. Although Napoli were very, very good, Liverpool were dire and humiliated by a much more enthusiastic and switched on team, not a comfortable watch in either the Premiership or European games.

Just getting them back now. But as Guy and others have said the Prem is a conveyor belt and we didnā€™t refresh in the glaringly obvious midfield area. Squad looks exhausted and on its arse.

We have bigger problems, our new manager.

2 Likes

Seriously looks like Potter. Iā€™d prefer Poch or Zinedine if we could get him.

I think if Potter is given time,he could do very well.
Feel a bit gutted for Brighton if he leaves

1 Like

I think Potter would be better staying at Brighton. Poch or Zidane would be a safer option imo.

1 Like

Wonder how many players have their eye on the World Cup coming up.
Obviously wonā€™t just affect Liverpool but could skew the league this season imo

2 Likes

I donā€™t know why Zidane gets linked to jobs in the Prem. He has never expressed the slightest interest in coming over.

2 Likes

I think he wants the France job.

Itā€™s difficult as would like to see Potter get it but then Brighton lose him. I suppose that will then be a good opportunity for someone else.

Chelsea appoint Potter.

1 Like

I think they should have sought out someone with more experience at a higher level, or just stuck with Tuchel.

1 Like

I wouldnā€™t worry too much, the owner will continue to pick the team, formation, make the subs and sign the players, so there will be continuity :rofl:

2 Likes

Iā€™m quite excited to have a different manager than the usual suspects that get a top six side.

Whether it works or not Iā€™ve no idea,but heā€™s done a very good job at Brighton

3 Likes